Monday, July 03, 2006
Why Post a Comment on BRT Kayaking & Hiking Blog
2. Trip reports will be far more interesting and worthwhile if all trip participants contribute their own unique observations, perspectives and experiences into the record. What did you see? What did you do? What were you thinking?
3. Planning to write a report helps encourage me to observe better and remember more while the trip is in progress. Writing about it afterwards extends the joy the trip.
4. Observe deeply, widely and in multiple dimensions. There are many things that can be interesting in a trip report: whitewater info, trip logistics, human antics, wildlife, geology, weather, etc.
5. Ask a question. Contribute additional information. Express your disagreement. Restate or clarify something that was not thoroughly described. Etc.
6. I hope that this blog will grow into a good instructional resource for whitewater kayakers & hikers, a source of up-to-date information about California whitewater and boating equipment, and a way to keep in touch with boating & hiking friends who can't join in on every trip.