Sunday, June 01, 2008
California needs innovative, aggressive water supply policy solutions for the future
Don't raise my taxes to perpetuate the failed water policies of the past!I oppose the dinosaur-brains of the 20th century who just want to build more costly, destructive, wasteful and inefficient dams for water storage. Our bankrupt state cannot afford to build giant expensive dams just to allow cities and agriculture to continue their current wasteful and inefficient styles of water use. What a horrid, awful place California would become if they were allowed to realize their dreams of destroying every river and every mountain valley with an ugly dam and a stagnant, stinking reservoir!!
I support investing in greater water use efficiency, both for urban and agricultural users. I support updating our ancient water laws to allow more sensible management of our surface and groundwater resources. I support treatment and use of stormwater and wastewater. I support desalination of saltwater, especially when powered by green power sources such as wind and solar.
For more information:
• River Conservation & Water Supply Policy in California - BRT Insights.
• Western Water Campaign - Taxpayers for Common Sense.
• Future of California Water Use - Land, Water & Wildlife - Environmental Defense Fund.
• Wasting Water on California Farms - Natural Resources Defense Council.
• New Vision for California Water: Cut Waste by 20 Percent - Pacific Institute.
• How to supply water for California's future without constructing new reservoirs - physorg.com 15june2006.
Tags: dam, water, water supply, water policy.