Sunday, April 18, 2010
Wildflowers of Bear Valley & Indian Valley, Colusa County, California USA.
Map of Bear Valley & Indian Valley wildflower hotspots.• Instructions for online interactive topographic maps & road maps.
• Click on Map button for road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Full-Screen Map - Bear Valley & Indian Valley in Colusa County.
• Names of landmarks (A, B, etc.) - DoubleClick or point on the red markers.
N 38.99771 W 122.35388 - Cowboy Camp at Bear Creek (A)
N 39.01183 W 122.36066 - Hwy 20 x Bear Valley Road junction (B)
N 39.07101 W 122.40980 - Bear Valley wildflower area, elevation 1290 feet (C)
N 39.18570 W 122.44400 - Bear Valley Buttes, elevation 2166 feet (D)
N 39.30149 W 122.48829 - Lodoga (Indian Valley), elevation 1280 feet (E)
N 39.35521 W 122.45964 - Grapevine Pass, elevation 1800 feet (F)
DoubleClick on the photo to see a larger version - use the back button to return.
Wildflowers of Bear Valley & Indian Valley.We found that wildflower blooms had increased since my last visit to Bear Valley two weeks ago. We found a giant field of Death Camas (Zigadenus fremontii). Purple Owl's Clover (Castilleja exserta) and California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) blooms had also begun. Continuing north into Indian Valley we found Ceanothus (Ceanothus ceanothus) blooms dwindling, but Yellowray Goldfields (Lasthenia glabrata) were still blooming abundantly. Then we drove over Grapevine Pass, through Sites and Maxwell, and returned home via Interstate 5.
Yellowray Goldfields (Lasthenia glabrata) in Indian Valley (Colusa County) & view to St John Mountain. Photo by LynneN/RichardM.
• We photograph wildflowers, but do not pick them. Native Plant Ethics- US Forest Service.
• More photos: BRT, Lynne & Richard wildflowers at Bear Valley & Indian Valley.
For more information:
• Colusa County Trailheads Map - BRT Insights.
• Bear Valley & Capay Valley wildflowers 03april2010.
• Capay Valley & Bear Valley wildflowers 20mar2010.
• California Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
• Hiking Trails of Yolo & Colusa Counties - Davis Wiki
• Bear Creek Recreation & Conservation Directory. (Sort alphabetically. Section 5 = camping & hiking)
• Hiking & Camping Trip Reports - BRT Insights.
• BRT photos: Olympus Stylus 720SW camera. LynneN/RichardM photos: Nikon D70s camera.
IceRocket Tags: hiking, Capay Valley, Yolo County, Bear Valley, Indian Valley, Colusa County, California.
Tags: wildflowers, photography, landscape photography.