Thursday, March 31, 2011
Hidden Falls Regional Park hiking trails, Placer County, California USA.
Multiuse trails near Auburn, CA for hiking, mountainbiking, horseback riding and dog walking.
Jim & I went hiking at Hidden Falls Regional Park to see what this little local park has to offer. (Map, driving directions, driving time.) (Hiking map.) The trails were well designed and well maintained except for a few mushy spots that need some regrading to drain water off the trail more efficiently. The trails are multiuse and on this weekday we saw one horse and a few dogs taking their owners out for walks, but no mountainbikers. The trail system winds and loops throughout the property with signs and maps posted at every junction. There are enough ups and downs to make the trails interesting, but nothing was more than moderately strenuous.
Hiking & Driving Map - Hidden Falls Regional Park.• The map is interactive. Click and drag to reposition map. Map user FAQ.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom in and out. Point on the red markers to see their names.
• Map=roads. Satellite=satellite map. Terrain=3D shaded topo. Topo=topographic map.
• Full-Screen Road and Hiking Map: Hidden Falls Regional Park.
Geographic coordinates - landmark name.
N 38.95826 W 121.16620 - Trailhead (elevation 1080 ft)
N 38.96438 W 121.16871 - Dead Man Creek bridge (elevation 690 ft)
N 38.96602 W 121.17804 - Hidden Falls (elevation 580 ft)
N 38.96919 W 121.16549 - Seven Pools vista point (elevation 740 ft)
After a period of rain the plants were green with new growth, wildflowers were blooming and the creeks were flowing nicely. We found edible plants such as miner's lettuce and manzanita blossoms.
Doubleclick on the photos to see the large version; use the back button to return.
• Wildflowers along the trail.
Hidden Falls waterfall on Dead Man Creek is the main attraction !!
• Hiking along Coon Creek near the Seven Pools Area was also very nice.
• 2011-03-29 Hidden Falls Regional Park photos by BRT & JH.
• GPS track, photos and trip report from Hidden Falls Regional Park by JH.
My new hiking boots were cheap on sale at Big 5 Sporting Goods. They passed the day 1 test, but only time will tell if they last long enough to make the cheap price really a bargain.
On the way home we stopped for some good food & drink at Auburn Alehouse in the old town section of Auburn, CA. We got glasses of Imperial IPA and Irish Dry Stout, both excellent and unique beers!
For more information:
• Waterfall Hiking Trails in California - websites.
• Hiking, Camping and Biking Trip Reports - BRT Insights.
• California Hiking Trails - Statewide Information.
• California Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
IceRocket Tags: Hidden Falls Regional Park, Placer County, Auburn CA, California, northern California, hiking, mountainbiking, dog walking, horseback riding.
Tags: photography, landscape photography, wildflowers, waterfalls.
Thanks for letting me know about the updated map for the park. I haven't been back to Hidden Falls in awhile, but maybe it's time for another visit.
Happy trails, Karen