Friday, June 01, 2012

 

Healthy Hiking Snacks Made in my Food Dehydrator

I bought a Nesco FD-35 Food Dehydrator in hopes of making some healthy hiking snacks and TV snacks. I paid $40 for my dehydrator and another $40 for some accessories - additional trays, screens and fruit roll sheets.

Initial results have been pretty good. I made some great dehydrated fruits including apple, pineapple, banana, watermelon & cantalope. Dried vegetables such as zucchini summer squash, red peppers, green peas, green beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, & carrot also turned out nicely. Tofu marinaded in soy sauce also dehydrated into a tasty snack. I'll discuss dehydrator recipes in more detail later.

More about:
Food & Drink for Outdoor Activities - BRT Insights.

Tags: , , , .
Tags: , , , .

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?