Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Mokelumne River - Electra Run
Whitewater River Guide & Maps - California.
River Flow Data.
(I think this gauge is located at the Hwy 49 bridge, so the flow you boated on all day reached the gauge close to your take-out time.)
River Difficulty.class flow (cfs)
II 400 - 2500
III >2500 strainer hazards
Description - Mokelumne River - Electra Run.This run (Amador County, California, USA) is fed by the releases from Salt Springs Reservoir and Lower Bear River Reservoir. This is one of the best local training runs for beginning kayakers because the whitewater is gentle just below put-in and becomes progressively more challenging towards the end of the run. There is good road access along much of the run for scouting, choices of put-ins & take-outs and evacuation. This run also has a pretty reliable flow all summer from dam releases upstream.
Support the proposal for official Wild & Scenic status for the Mokelumne River. Please sign the petition to recognize the Wild & Scenic Mokelumne River .
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Jackson, CA - driving time 1 hour, 15 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Topographic River Map.Full-Screen Topo Map: Mokelumne River Electra Run.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
(A)(B)(C) locations are marked on the Acme Mapper topo map above, or
copy/paste these coordinates into the search box at Google Maps or the Find box at Acme Mapper.
• N 38.34712 W 120.77341, Jackson, CA
• N 38.32854 W 120.67701, Electra Run Put-in (A)
• N 38.31809 W 120.69932, The Slot Rapid, class II (B)
• N 38.31506 W 120.71357, S-Turn Rapid, class II (C)
• N 38.31284 W 120.72018, Hwy 49 Bridge take-out (D)
• N 38.31253 W 120.71945, gauge near Hwy 49 bridge??.
• N 38.31122 W 120.72327, Devil's Toilet Rapid, class II+ (E)
• N 38.29822 W 120.74996, Middle Bar take-out (F)
Local weather in Jackson, California.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Mokelumne River Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks & Maps - Mokelumne River white water.• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (pg. 194-195)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, Third Edition 1995. (pg. 88-91)
• Paddling Northern California by Charlie Pike. (pg 165-166)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 218-219)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Float Tubing - Innertubing.• Float Tube (Innertube) Skills, Techniques and Safety for your River Trips.
• Equipment for Float Tubing - BRT Insights.
Whitewater River Trip Reports - California.• Mokelumne River Electra Run video - lunaticrider209 25july2010
• Electra Run, Mokelumne River, kayaking class II, 18jan2009.
• Electra Run, Mokelumne River, kayaking class II, 21june2008.
• Electra Run, Mokelumne River, Oct 14, 2006 (II).
• Electra Run, Mokelumne River, Sept 30, 2006 (II).
• Electra Run, Mokelumne River, Aug 26, 2006 (II).
• Electra Run, Mokelumne River, Aug 6, 2006 (II).
River Recreation Links - Mokelumne River.• Mokelumne River Recreation Directory. Recreation & conservation links for the Mokelumne River valley area. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-whitewater, 2=rafting-oarboating, 3=environment-conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• How to use guides to white water river rafting and kayaking - BRT Insights.
• Rivers & creeks nearby: Cosumnes River, Mokelumne River, Sacramento River Valley Region, Calaveras River.
• Whitewater River Guides for Paddleboating in California.
Tags: kayaking, paddle boating, California, river map, river, whitewater.
Comments: Post a Comment