Thursday, August 23, 2007
Truckee River - Runs in NV
Whitewater River Guide - Nevada.
River Flow Data.USGS Real-Time Data for Nevada: Streamflow - 7 gauges for the Truckee River.
River Difficulty.Verdi to Mayberry, 8 mi, class I-III.
Mayberry to Cottonwood Park, 10 mi, class I-III.
Cottonwood Park to Pyramid Lake, ?? mi, class I-II (III).
Description - Truckee River Runs in NV.These runs (Washoe County, Nevada, USA) are fed by the releases from Lake Tahoe, Prosser Creek Reservoir and Boca Reservoir in California. See also Truckee River - Runs in California.
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Reno, NV - driving time 2 hours, 21 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
• Road Conditions - Nevada Department of Transportation.
• Nevada - Safe Travel USA.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Topographic River Map.Full-Screen Topo Map: Truckee River - Runs in NV.
A, B, C = Put-ins and Take-outs. Zoom out to see G=Pyramid Lake.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
(A)(B)(C) locations are marked on the Acme Mapper topo map above, or
copy/paste these coordinates into the search box at Google Maps or the Find box at Acme Mapper.
• N 39.51371 W 119.99654, Crystal Creek Park, Verdi, NV (A)
• N 39.50454 W 119.89234, Mayberry Park (B)
• N 39.52385 W 119.81629, Reno NV Whitewater Park (C)
• N 39.53013 W 119.81295, Riverwalk District Reno NV
• N 39.52073 W 119.76531, Sparks NV Whitewater Park (D).
• N 39.51298 W 119.73016, Cottonwood Park (E)
• N 39.52662 W 119.70055, Vista Blvd, Sparks, NV (F)
• N 34.64417 W 118.76333, Pyramid Lake (G)
Local weather in Reno, Nevada.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Truckee River Directory.
(Sort alphabetically - see section 1.)
River Guidebooks & Webguides.• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 288-293)
• Sierra Whitewater - A Paddler's Guide ... 1974. (pg. 164-165)
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!• I'm happy to post well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures are included. Please contact me to submit your trip report.
• Traveling Nevada: Rafting down the Truckee River 26june2008.
• truckeeriver - AroundCarson.com.
River Recreation Links - Truckee River.• Truckee River Directory - Recreation & Conservation. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Using these guides to white water river paddleboating - BRT Kayaking.
• Reno NV Whitewater Park Guide - Truckee River.
• Sparks NV Whitewater Park Guide - Truckee River.
• Truckee River Guide - Whitewater Runs in CA.
• Nearby rivers & creeks: Carson River, Walker River, Great Basin Rivers of CA NV - Regional Overview.
• Whitewater River Guides.
Tags: kayaking, river map, paddle boating, river, whitewater.