Monday, March 24, 2008
Newsfeeds give choices about how you want to read the online news
Subscribing to the newsfeeds that interest you is quick, easy & free.See the left panel to subscribe to this blog in a reader, subscribe via aggregators, or have the feed sent to you via email.
Newsfeed Information and Tutorials.• For information about newsfeeds see Web feed - Wikipedia and RSS Learning Center.
• Here is a brief tutorial about how to sign up for newsfeeds.
• Here is a list of newsfeed aggregators. Web-based aggregators organize your chosen feeds for reading in a web browser. Desktop news aggregator software can be installed on a computer and used to read the feeds. Aggregators are built into many web browsers and POP email softwares. Email based aggregators send the updates to you via email. Aggregators for mobile devices can display newsfeed info on cell phones, PDAs, etc.
Read newsfeeds in your web browser software.Many websites enable you to set up a free account where you can collect (aggregate) your chosen newsfeeds. Subscribe to my blog via aggregators - see the left panel of my blog.
• My Yahoo & iGoogle homepages enable you to read your chosen newsfeeds and provide other frequently updated content such as TV schedules, weather, etc.
• Newsgator is a simple aggregator that is just for reading newsfeeds.
• Other Aggregators (Wikio, Rojo, Newsburst, My AOL, feedlounge, netvibes, bloglines). I think these are mostly simple aggregators.
Newsfeed updates sent to you via email, instant messaging or Twitter.• FeedBlitz - subscribe to any Blog or website and get updates via email, IM or Twitter.
• Google Alerts - subscribe to have Google News updates for your favorite keywords sent to you via email.
More about: Newsfeed Basics and Tips for Bloggers.