Monday, January 26, 2009
Gualala River Wild & Scenic - Kayaking California Whitewater Overview.
Guide for Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing - Sonoma County, California USA.
Whitewater Runs on Gualala River - locations of put-ins and other landmarks.
Wheatfield Fork Gualala River.
A. Gualala River Wolf Creek to House Creek Run, class II+, 2 miles.
N 38.66909 W 123.21665 - Wolf Creek confluence put-in.
N 38.66212 W 123.23373 - House Creek confluence take-out.
B. Gualala River House Creek to Clark's Crossing Run, class I, 8.7 miles.
N 38.66212 W 123.23373 - House Creek confluence put-in.
N 38.66547 W 123.31316 - Clark's Crossing take-out.
C. Gualala River Clark's Crossing to Annapolis Road Run, class I, 9.3 miles.
N 38.66547 W 123.31316 - Clark's Crossing put-in.
N 38.70232 W 123.41080 - Annapolis Road bridge take-out.
SF Gualala River.
D. Gualala River Hauser Bridge Rd to Stewart's Point Rd Run, class II+, 9 miles.
N 38.60352 W 123.28703 - Hauser Bridge Rd put-in.
N 38.65153 W 123.36462 - Stewart's Point Rd Bridge take-out (difficult).
E. Gualala River Stewart's Point Rd to Annapolis Road Run, class I ??, 5 miles.
N 38.65153 W 123.36462 - Stewart's Point Rd Bridge put-in (difficult).
N 38.69944 W 123.41560 - Annapolis Road bridge take-out (easier).
F. Gualala River Annapolis Road to Hwy 1 Bridge Run, class I, 9.3 miles.
N 38.70232 W 123.41080 - Annapolis Road bridge put-in.
N 38.76024 W 123.51843 - Hwy 1 Bridge take-out.
N 38.70922 W 123.42556 - USGS river flow gauge.
This gauge is below the confluence of SF Gualala and Wheatfield Fork Gualala River. More than half of the flow comes from the Wheatfield Fork.
NF Gualala River ??
Too small for boating.
Map of Gualala River - whitewater put-in locations.• Instructions for online interactive road maps & topographic river maps.
• Full screen road maps & topographic maps - see below.
Full-Screen River Map - Gualala River landmarks.
Point or DoubleClick on the red markers to see the names & coordinates of landmarks displayed above (A, B, etc.).
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Gualala River Directory for Paddleboaters.
(Click on All Tags, click on a river. Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks for Gualala River Whitewater.• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974. (pg. 169-172)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 82-83)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Gualala River Paddle Boating Trip Descriptions REQUESTED !!• Send in your trip reports from whitewater kayaking on Gualala River. I will post or link to whitewater boating trip stories, pictures & videos from guest authors.
• Gualala River trip report - paddling.net 24oct2000.
Whitewater River Watersheds - Outdoor Activities & Environmental Protection.• Parts of the Gualala River are preserved within the California Wild & Scenic Rivers Program.
• Gualala River Valley Recreation & Conservation Directory. Websites for the Gualala River Canyon. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=rafting-oarboating, 3=environment-conservation, 4=fishing-driftboating, 5=camping-hiking, 6=other-websites)
• Streams nearby: Garcia River, Russian River.
• North Coast California River Guides for Paddleboating.
• Kayaking, Canoeing & Rafting Guides for California Whitewater Rivers.
• How to use whitewater river rafting and kayaking guides - BRT Insights.
Tags: Gualala River, whitewater, river map, kayaking, rafting, canoeing, paddle boating, California, river.