Friday, June 19, 2009
Noyo River - California Paddleboating Overview.
Canoeing & Kayaking Guide - Mendocino County California, USA.
Paddle Boating Runs on Noyo River - put-in location.
1. Noyo River Run. (20 miles, class II-III).
N 39.42092 W 123.55170, Northspur put-in (A).
N 39.43503 W 123.70640, Ranch train stop (12 mile take-out)
N 39.43354 W 123.78734, Fort Bragg alternate take-out (B).
2. Noyo Estuary Run. (4 miles round trip, class I)
N 39.42573 W 123.80229, Fort Bragg harbor put-in & take-out (C)
Time your trip with the ebb & flow of tides to explore farther upstream.
Tide Location Selection for California.
Noyo River map for paddle boaters.• Instructions for interactive online road maps & topographic river maps.
• See below for full-screen road maps & topographic maps.
Full-Screen River Map - landmarks on the Noyo River.
DoubleClick or point on the red markers to see the names of landmarks displayed on the map above (A, B, etc.).
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Noyo River Directory - Canoeing, Kayaking & Rafting Paddlesports. (Display options alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guide Books & Maps for Noyo River Paddle Boating.• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, Third Edition 1995. (pg. 262)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 92-93, Noyo River & Noyo Estuary Runs)
• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974. (pg. 162-163)
• Down the Wild Rivers- A Guide to the Streams of California, 1972. (pg.197-199)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Paddleboating reports for Noyo River NEEDED !!• Please send your trip reports from Noyo River canoeing & kayaking trips. Stories, pictures & videos from whitewater boating trips will be linked here.
• Bike Hike Kayak Big River Noyo River - mkeinhorn 04july2008.
Outdoor Adventure Activities in our River Canyons.• Noyo River Valley Directory - Conservation & Recreation. Websites for the Noyo River Watershed. (Display options alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=rafting-oarboating, 3=conservation-environment, 4=fishing-driftboating, 5=camping-hiking, 6=other-websites)
More River Information for California:
• Mattole River, Big River, Albion River.
• North Coast California River Guides for Paddleboating.
• California Whitewater River Guides for Kayaking, Canoeing, River-tubing & Rafting.
• What to expect from these whitewater river kayaking and rafting guides - BRT Insights.
IceRocket Tags: kayaking, river map.
Tags: Noyo River, kayaking, canoeing, California, paddle boating, paddlesports, river.
I suspect the Skunk train folks might be flexible about stops, however, there is a location marked "Ranch" on the small map at the top of their schedule. http://www.skunktrain.com/choose-a-trip-jan-mar.html
Liquid Fusion Kayaking is currently working with the vice president who runs the skunk train and hope to start doing train and kayak runs by the end of the summer on the estuary portion of the Noyo (about 5 miles from the mouth). He is open to us organizing and running whitewater trips in the winter, but there are numerous logistics to work out including the limited train service in the winter, flow being rain dependent, and number of down logs in the river creating hazards. In May 2009 when we started talking to him about kayak train shuttle, we scouted the river from the train. It looked too hazardous to run due to the number of trees in it. We will need to do some more work on this before the run is runnable as well as coordinating with the skunk train. We are very motivated to work on this as it is in our backyard and is a beautiful and fun run with a unique shuttle experience.
Liquid Fusion Kayaking.
Liquid Fusion Kayaking.
After 3 years of below average precipitation we should expect more logs and brush in our small rivers and creeks. Lets hope for some big storms this winter to flush the crud out of our river canyons.Post a Comment