Friday, November 19, 2010
Feather River Lower Run - Flatwater Paddle Boating in California USA.
River Guide & Map for Canoeing, Kayaking, Tubing & Rafting.From Oroville Reservoir to the Sacramento River confluence at Verona the Feather River provides 64 miles of river with a year-round flow for flatwater class I paddle boating.
Boating Runs on lower Feather River - Butte, Sutter & Yuba Counties.Run name (whitewater class, mileage).
1. Oroville Dam to Thompson Flat (class I, 4 miles)
2. Fish Hatchery to Verona (class I, 60 miles)
Real-time Flow - lower Feather River to confluence with Sacramento River.The Lower Feather River flow at Oroville, CA is determined primarily by the water release from Oroville Dam. The Yuba River adds its flow at Yuba City, CA. The Bear River adds its flow near Rio Oso, CA.
• Feather River at Gridley - real-time flow data CDEC.
• Feather River at Boyd's Landing - real-time flow data CDEC.
• Feather River at Boyd's Landing - real-time flow data AHPS.
River Map showing access locations for Feather River paddle boating.• Map user FAQ. The map is interactive. Click and drag to reposition map.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom in and out. Point on the red markers to see their names.
• Map button = road map. Terrain = 3D shaded topo map. Topo = topographic map.
• Full-Screen River Map: Lower Feather River put-in & take-out locations.
Geographic coordinates - Landmark name (red markers on map above)
N 39.53807 W 121.50390 - Oroville Dam (A)
N 39.53317 W 121.54578 - Thompson Flat.
N 39.51709 W 121.55445 - Feather River Fish Hatchery
N 39.51238 W 121.56870 - Bedrock Park (B).
N 39.36645 W 121.64569 - Gridley Bridge & river gauge (C)
N 39.14124 W 121.60681 - Yuba City Riverfront Park (D)
N 39.04540 W 121.60992 - Boyd's Landing & river gauge (E).
N 38.78674 W 121.61985 - Verona confluence with Sacramento River (F)
Many alternate put-in and take-out locations are available to enable flatwater boating trips of various distances.
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
• From Davis, CA to Oroville, CA - driving time 1 hour 26 minutes - 79.72 miles.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Local weather in Oroville, California (elevation 174 feet).
Online Boating Information - lower Feather River.• Feather River Lower Runs Paddleboating. (Set display options - alphabetical 100. See sections 1 & 2.)
Paddleboating Guidebooks - lower Feather River.• Paddling Northern California by Charlie Pike. (pg. 124-128, Oroville to Wildlife Refuge)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 180-183, Oroville to Verona)
• Down the Wild Rivers- A Guide to the Streams of California, 1972. (pg.153-155, Oroville to Verona)
Feather River Trip Reports NEEDED !!Contact me to submit your flatwater paddleboating trip report from the Lower Feather River. I'm happy to post or link to well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures and/or videos are included.
• Feather River kayaking - sskpc 16sept2008. Oroville Dam to Verona.
• Feather River kayaking Oroville to Gridley video - featherriverrafter 29may2008. Oroville Fish Hatchery to Gridley.
• Feather River Kayaking from Oroville to Gridley - mysticalessence. Bedrock Park to Gridley.
• Feather River - pfflyer. Oroville Dam to Thompson Flat.
Feather River Conservation & Recreation.• Feather River Lower - Conservation & Recreation Directory. (Section 1=kayaking, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info) Feather River valley outdoor activities websites.
Float Tubing - River Tubing - Innertubing.• Float Tube (Innertube) Techniques, Skills and Safety for your River Trips.
• Equipment for Float Tubing River Trips - BRT Insights.
• Feather River Paddle Boating Guide Overview. Includes whitewater upstream and flatwater downstream.
• Whitewater & Flatwater River Guides for canoeing, kayaking, tubing & rafting in California.
• California River Maps &a Road Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
IceRocket Tags: flatwater, river map, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, river tubing, float tube.
Tags: paddle boating, river, valley, Feather River, Butte County, Sutter County, Yuba County, California.