Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Sacramento River - Red Bluff to San Francisco Bay - Whitewater Paddleboating in California USA.
River Guide & Map for Kayaking, Tubing, Canoeing & Rafting.From Red Bluff to San Francisco Bay the Sacramento River provides 150 miles of river with a year-round flow for class I paddle boating.
Whitewater Runs on lower Sacramento River - Tehama, Glenn, Colusa, Sutter, Yolo, Sacramento & Solano Counties.Run name (whitewater class, mileage).
1. Red Bluff Diversion Dam to Knight's Landing (class I, 72 miles)
2. Knight's Landing to San Francisco Bay (class I, ~75 miles)
Many alternate put-ins and take-outs are available to make trips of various lengths.
Real-time Flow - lower Sacramento River to California Delta & SF Bay.The Sacramento River flow at Colusa, CA is determined primarily by the water release from Keswick Dam. Various tributaries may add to the flow and various water diversions reduce the flow that remains in various sections of the river.
USGS Real-Time Flow Data for Sacramento River at Colusa CA.
Different river flow gauges should be used for downstream sections of the Sacramento River:
• USGS Real-Time Flow Data for Sacramento River at Verona CA. Below Feather River confluence.
• USGS Real-Time Flow Data for Sacramento River at Freeport CA. Below American River confluence.
River Map showing put-in locations for Sacramento River paddleboating.• Map user FAQ. The map is interactive. Click and drag to reposition map.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom in and out. Point on the red markers to see their names.
• Map button = road map. Terrain = 3D shaded topo map. Topo = topographic map.
• Full-Screen River Map: Sacramento River Red Bluff to SF Bay put-in & take-out locations.
Geographic coordinates - Landmark name (marker on map above)
N 40.17848 W 122.23148 - Red Bluff Diversion Dam (A)
N 40.02893 W 122.11784 - Driftwood Resort (B)
N 39.90974 W 122.09141 - Woodson Bridge SRA (C)
N 39.75049 W 121.99768 - Irvine Finch River Access (D)
N 39.73782 W 121.95923 - Scotty's Boat Landing (E)
N 39.21593 W 122.00970 - Colusa Levee Scenic Park, river gauge (F)
N 38.80213 W 121.71907 - Knight's Landing (G)
N 38.59943 W 121.50879 - Discovery Park (H)
N 38.16075 W 121.68594 - Rio Vista (I)
N 38.07553 W 121.84988 - Collinsville (J)
Many alternate put-in and take-out locations are available to enable boating trips of various distances.
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
• From Davis, CA to Red Bluff, CA - driving time 1 hour 56 minutes - 126 miles.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Local weather in Colusa, California (elevation 59 feet).
Online Boating Information - lower Sacramento River.• Sacramento River Lower Runs Paddleboating. (Set display options - alphabetical 100. See sections 1 & 2.)
Whitewater Guidebooks - lower Sacramento River.• Paddling Northern California by Charlie Pike. (pg. 105-123, Redding to Colusa)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 164-175, Redding to Sacramento)
• Down the Wild Rivers- A Guide to the Streams of California, 1972. (pg.156-166, Redding to Knight's Landing)
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!Contact me to submit your paddleboating trip report from the Lower Sacramento River. I'm happy to post or link to well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures and/or videos are included.
• Labor Day Float Preparations - Chico Enterprise-Record 04sept2010.
• Canoe Camping on the Sacramento River - Triporati 05aug2010.
• Cata raft Maiden Voyage from Woodson to Scotty's video - 15sept2009.
• Sacramento River Labor Day Float at Chico - CampusGrotto 03sept2008
• Sacramento River Rafting video - jrizalstreet 19aug2008.
• Sacramento River Red Bluff to Los Molinos - paddling.net 01jan2007.
• Labor Day Live on the Sacramento River - norcalblogs 05sept2006
• Annual Club Picnic and Sacramento River Kayak/Canoe pictures - weskiii 22aug2005.
• Sacramento River from Irving Finch access to Ord Bend pictures - wildenhaus100 june2004.
• Sacramento River from Woodson Bridge to Irving Finch pictures - wildenhaus100 21aug2004.
• Tubing down the Sacramento River picture - richardcclark 1983.
Whitewater River Conservation & Recreation.• Sacramento River Lower - Conservation & Recreation Directory. (Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info) Sacramento River valley websites.
River Tubing - Float Tubing - Innertubing.• Float Tube (Innertube) Techniques, Skills and Safety for your River Trips.
• Equipment for Float Tubing River Trips - BRT Insights.
• Sacramento River Paddle Boating Guide Overview.
• Whitewater River Guides for canoeing, kayaking, tubing & rafting in California.
• California River Maps & Road Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
IceRocket Tags: whitewater, river map, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, river tubing, float tube.
Tags: paddle boating, river, valley, Sacramento River, Tehama County, Glenn County, Colusa County, Sutter County, Yolo County, Sacramento County, Solano County, California.