Tuesday, February 01, 2011
San Antonio Creek Map and Paddleboating Guide - Whitewater California USA.
Kayaking, Canoeing and Rafting Paddlesport - Los Angeles County.Every bit of runnable whitewater should be treasured in an area like southern California where there is so little precipitation for so many months of the year.
San Antonio Creek Whitewater Boating Run.1. San Antonio Creek, Mt. Baldy Road to San Antonio Dam, class IV, 1 mile.
Real-time Flow - San Antonio Creek whitewater.• The tiny San Antonio Creek watershed produces boatable flows only during and shortly after large rainstorms.
River Map - access location for San Antonio Creek paddle boating.• Interactive map. Click and drag to reposition map. Map user instructions.
• The tool on the left zooms in and out. Point on the red markers to see their names.
• Map button = road map. Terrain = 3D shaded topo map. Topo = topographic map.
• Full-Screen Road and River Map: San Antonio Creek access location.
Geographic coordinates - Landmark name (marker on map above)
1. San Antonio Creek, Mt. Baldy Road to San Antonio Dam, class IV, 1 mile.
N 34.17783 W 117.67572 - Mt. Baldy Road put-in (A)
N 34.16503 W 117.67887 - San Antonio Dam take-out (B)
Driving Directions, Map, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
• From Davis, CA to Rancho Cucamonga, CA - driving time 6 hrs 43 mins - 433 miles.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Local weather in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (elevation 1555 feet).
Online River Guides for Paddleboaters.• Directory for Paddleboating on San Antonio Creek. (See section 1.)
Printed Maps and Guidebooks - San Antonio Creek whitewater.• None.
San Antonio Creek Boating Stories REQUESTED !!Contact me to submit your San Antonio Creek trip report. I am interested to post or link to your trip reports. I welcome whitewater boating trip stories, pictures & videos from guest authors.
Whitewater River Recreation & Environment.• San Antonio Creek Valley Conservation and Recreation Directory. Web sites for the San Antonio Creek watershed. Set display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=rafting-tubing, 3=environment-conservation, 4=fishing, 5=hiking-camping, 6=other-resources)
• Rivers & creeks nearby: San Gabriel River, Santa Margarita River.
• Similar name that is not nearby: San Antonio River Paddleboating Guide - Salinas River tributary - Monterey County.
• Coastal Rivers of Central & Southern California Paddleboating Guides.
• Statewide Paddleboating Guides for California Whitewater Rivers - Rowing, Rafting, Canoeing, Tubing and Kayaking.
• California Road Maps and River Maps - Atlas and Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Tags: kayaking, rafting, canoeing, river map.
Tags: San Antonio Creek, California, southern California, socal, Los Angeles County, whitewater, paddle boating, river.