Monday, February 06, 2012
Open Space hiking, Solano County, California
JimH, OliverH, Royce & I did some Open Space hiking in Solano County with one of the local Smallfoot clan (not so distant relative of Bigfoot). What started out as a quick, local hike before the Super Bowl football game unexpectedly turned into a photography extravaganza!! Big, old oak trees silouetted against dramatic cloudy skies produced incredible photo opportunities!!
Doubleclick on the photos to see the large size image - use the back button to return.
• More photos: 2012-02-05 Open Space Solano County photos.
On the way HomeWe stopped as usual at Betty Lou's Bar & Grill to get some dinner and watch the Super Bowl. We got the dark beer sampler with spicy ribs and "more than you can eat" of the chips and guacamole special. Too much good stuff!!
For more information:
• Hiking, Biking & Camping Trip Reports & Photos - BRT Insights.
• Hiking in Solano County, California - Map to the Trailheads.
• Hiking Trails in California - Davis Wiki.
• Camera: Canon PowerShot A490. Photos edited with IrfanView software. Video edited with Windows Movie Maker and YouTube tools.
Tags: hiking, trail, Open Space, Solano County, California.