Thursday, December 13, 2012
Cranberry Walnut Flax Granola Bar recipe made in my food dehydrator
Here is an upgrade of my previous homemade flaxseed cracker recipe. Whole flaxseed can pass through our system undigested, so I'm now using flaxseed meal to ensure that the flax is more thoroughly digested. Some whole flaxseed is used mostly for decoration; soaking these seeds overnight starts the germination process and may open the seed coats enough to allow digestion of any seeds that are not chewed thoroughly when the bars are eaten. Dried cranberries and chopped walnuts add flavor, texture and more nutrition, making these raw flaxseed bars good with a meal or used as a healthy snack.
1/4 cup flaxseed
1 cup water
3/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped walnuts or oatmeal
1/4 cup tamari (soy sauce)
3. Spread cracker batter on solid dehydrator tray, dehydrate 3 hr, cut divisions between crackers, dehydrate 3 hr more, flip onto screen tray, dehydrate until done, break crackers on dividing lines, seal in plastic bags, store in refrigerator.
Granola bar batter ready for dehydration.
Dried granola flax bar ready to eat.
4. Flaxseed meal is very susceptible to oxidation. Quantities of flaxseed meal purchased at the store should be stored in the freezer until used. (Whole, dry flaxseed can be stored at room temperature.)
5. Granola flax bars are also susceptible to oxidation, so they should be made in small batches, stored in the refrigerator and consumed quickly after dehydration.
• Garlic rosemary flaxseed crackers made in my food dehydrator.
• Banana flax crackers and banana walnut crackers, omega-3 fatty acid nutrition.
• Raw Flaxseed Crackers made in my Food Dehydrator.
• Dehydrated foods for Indoor Snacks and Outdoor Activities - BRT Insights.
Tags: granola flax bars, anti-inflammatory food, food dehydrator, homemade snacks, snack food recipe, healthy snack foods, tv snacks.
Tags: flaxseed bar recipe, anti-inflammatory, omega-3, raw vegan, wheat-free, gluten-free, hors d'oeuvres, appetizers.
Comments: Post a Comment