Monday, March 04, 2013
Lake Solano County Park hiking trails, Solano County, California
JimH and I drove out to Lake Solano County Park for a bit of early spring hiking.
Lake Solano County Park Maps.• Download map: Shoreline Trail Map, Shoreline InterpretiveTrail Map.
• Map book: California Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
• Online map user instructions. Click and drag to reposition this interactive map.
• Click on the spinning globe to minimize the green box.
• The tool on the left zooms in and out. Point on the red markers to see the names.
• Map=roads. Satellite=satellite map. Terrain=3D shaded topo map. Topo=topographic map.
• Full-Screen online driving map - Lake Solano County Park.
Geographic Coordinates - Landmarks (Marker)
N 38.49234 W 122.02904 - Lake Solano County Park day use entrance (A)
N 38.49287 W 122.02834 - Boathouse (B)
N 38.49033 W 122.02077 - East end of lakeside trail (C)
N 38.49019 W 122.02264 - End of park main road (D)
N 38.49009 W 122.02850 - Shoreline Trail area (E)
N 38.49253 W 122.02935 - Lake Solano County Park campground entrance (F)
N 38.49302 W 122.02976 - Lake Solano Nature Center (G)
N 38.49664 W 122.03564 - End of Shoreline Interpretive Trail (H)
N 38.52142 W 121.97014 - El Pueblo Meat Market & Deli (I)
• Full screen view of Parkinfo map of Lake Solano County Park
Click on the photos to see the larger view. Use the back button to return.
img 3268 Canada Geese
img 3300 Fruit tree in bloom.
img 3339 Shoreline Trail Map
Birdwatching and Wildflowers at Lake Solano County ParkWe entered the day use section (A) and parked near the boathouse (B). Hiking the trail east along the south side of Lake Solano we saw lots of ducks, geese and other birds (C). Then we wandered around in the Shoreline Trail area for a while, sometimes walking on the trail and sometimes not (E). Spring wildflowers were starting to bloom and we also got some good views of the landscape.
Crossing over to the campground side of the park (F) we saw the nature center (G) and hiked the Shoreline Interpretive Trail (H). Along the way we saw a few of the famous Lake Solano peacocks.
img 3349 Famous Lake Solano Peacock.
img 3360 Shoreline Interpretive Trail Map.
Overall I was impressed. This is definitely a great little half-day hiking area, or possible longer depending upon how much time you spend birdwatching, photographing wildflowers and gazing at the scenery.
See more photos:
• Lake Solano March 3, 2013 - BRT
• Lake Solano photos - JimH 03march2013
Lake Solano County Park Birdwatching and Birdlistening Video(Turn up your volume to hear the audio at the end.)
Coming HomeOn the way home we got some excellent tacos, chips and salsa at El Pueblo Meat Market & Deli in Winters, CA.
• Hiking Trails in Solano County - Vacaville Wiki.
• Hiking, Biking & Camping Trip Reports & Photos - BRT Insights.
• Digital Camera: Canon PowerShot A490. Photos edited with IrfanView.
Tags: hiking, trail, wildflowers, birdwatching, Lake Solano County Park, Solano County, California, Winters CA.
Comments: Post a Comment