Monday, December 22, 2008
Walker River Wild and Scenic - California & Nevada Whitewater Overview.
Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing Guide - Mono County California, Douglas County, Lyon County & Mineral County Nevada, USA.
Walker River Whitewater Runs - put-ins and other landmark locations.
West Walker River.
A. Leavitt Station Run, class Vp, 2.3 miles.
put-in - N 38.32839 W 119.55151
take-out - N 38.35022 W 119.53520
B. Pickel Meadow Run, class I, 4.5 miles.
put-in - N 38.35022 W 119.53520
take-out - N 38.36589 W 119.48198
C. Sonora Bridge to Hwy 35 Bridge Run, class ??, 2 miles.
put-in - N 38.36589 W 119.48198
take-out - N 38.37968 W 119.45031
D. Hwy 395 Bridge to Walker Run, class III-V, 11 miles.
put-in - N 38.37968 W 119.45031
take-out - N 38.51580 W 119.45572
E. Walker to Topaz Lake Run, class II+, 15 miles.
put-in - N 38.51580 W 119.45572
take-out - N 38.64956 W 119.50142
F. Topaz Lake to Wellington Run, class I-II, 5 miles.
put-in - N 38.69301 W 119.51417
take-out - N 38.75984 W 119.38216
G. Wellington to Wilson Canyon Run, class I+, 17.5 miles.
put-in - N 38.75984 W 119.38216
take-out - N 38.80915 W 119.22106
H. Wilson Canyon Run, class II-III, 3 miles.
put-in - N 38.80915 W 119.22106
take-out - N 38.83382 W 119.18595
East Walker River.
I. Bridgeport to Devils Gate Run, class II-III, 7 miles.
put-in - N 38.34248 W 119.20739
take-out - N 38.41464 W 119.16851
J. Devils Gate to The Elbow Run, class I-II, 9 miles.
put-in - N 38.41464 W 119.16851
take-out - N 38.42730 W 119.04510
K. The Elbow to Pine Grove Rd Bridge Run, class II-III, 13.5 miles.
put-in - N 38.42730 W 119.04510
take-out - N 38.55112 W 118.95249
L. Pine Grove Rd Bridge to Hwy208 Bridge, class I+, 35 miles.
put-in - N 38.55112 W 118.95249
take-out - N 38.87740 W 119.14463
Walker River - Main.
M. Hwy208 Bridge to Walker Lake Run, class I, 61 miles.
put-in - N 38.87740 W 119.14463
take-out - N 38.80815 W 118.74710
River Map - whitewater put-in locations on the Walker River.• Instructions for interactive road maps & river maps.
• For full screen topographic & road maps see below.
Full-Screen River Map - Walker River landmarks.
Point or DoubleClick on the red markers to see the names & coordinates of landmarks listed above (A, B, etc.).
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Paddleboating Directory for the Walker River.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks - Walker River.• Sierra Whitewater - A Paddler's Guide ... 1974. (pg. 169-170)
• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (pg 300-302)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 306-317)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Walker River Boating Stories REQUESTED !!• Contact me to submit your Walker River trip report. I welcome whitewater boating trip stories, pictures & videos from guest authors. I will post or link to your trip reports.
Walker River Recreation & Environment.• Parts of the Walker River are preserved within the California Wild & Scenic Rivers Program.
• Walker River Watershed Conservation & Recreation Directory. Walker River valley websites. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=oarboating-rafting, 3=environment-conservation, 4=fishing, 5=hiking-camping, 6=other-resources)
• Nearby rivers & creeks: Carson River, Owens River, Great Basin Rivers of CA NV - Regional Overview.
• Kayaking & Rafting Guides for California Whitewater Rivers.
• What to expect from these whitewater river kayaking and rafting guides - BRT Insights.
Tags: Walker River, California, river map, whitewater, kayaking, paddle boating, river.