Thursday, October 25, 2007
American River SF Chili Bar Run
Whitewater River Guide & Maps - California
Recent Flows on American River SF.
The flow on SF American is measured just upstream from put-in (station id=7638).
River Difficulty vs. Flow Rate.class . . . flow (cfs)
III+ . . . 700 - 3000
IV . . . . 3000 - 15000
Description - American River SF Chili Bar Run.This is a popular run due to the great rapids, great playspots and the long season of boatable flows due to dam releases. (El Dorado County, California, USA).
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Coloma, CA - driving time 1 hour, 7 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Topographic River Map.Full-Screen Topographic Map - Chili Bar Run SF American River.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
* N 38.77185 W 120.81365, Gauge at Chili Bar Dam.
* N 38.76626 W 120.82197, Chili Bar put-in (A).
* N 38.76988 W 120.83244, Meatgrinder Rapid (III+) (B).
* N 38.77122 W 120.84274, Racehorse Rapid (II+) (C).
* N 38.77242 W 120.84858, Maya Rapid (II+) (D).
* N 38.78594 W 120.85785, Triple Threat (III) (E).
* N 38.79918 W 120.88231, Troublemaker Rapid (III+) (F).
* N 38.80881 W 120.90149, Hwy 49 Bridge take-out (G).
Local weather in Coloma, California.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• So. American - At Chili Bar - CA Sierra West Slope - Dreamflows.
• American River SF Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks - American River white water.• Paddling Northern California, Charlie Pike 2001. (pp 226-230)
• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (pg 178-179)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, Third Edition 1995. (104-111)
• Western Whitewater From the Rockies to the Pacific, 1994. River guidebook, pg 355.
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 192-193)
• The American River: North, Middle & South Forks, 1989.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Whitewater Trip Reports.• Kayaking Chili Bar On The South Fork American video - lunaticrider209 10aug2010
• Chili Bar Run, American River SF, kayaking class III, 19april2008.
• Chili Bar Run, American River SF, kayaking class III, 29mar2008.
• Chili Bar Run, SF American River, Feb 25, 2006 (III).
• Chili Bar Run, SF American River, Feb 12, 2006 (III).
River Recreation Links - American River.• American River SF Recreation & Conservation Directory. Website resources for the SF American River watershed. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Using the white water river paddleboating guides - BRT Kayaking.
• Rivers & creeks nearby: American River NF/MF, American River SF, Cosumnes River, Sacramento River Valley Region.
• Whitewater River Guides for California.
Tags: kayaking, paddle boating, American Riverriver, river map, California, whitewater.