Friday, October 05, 2007
Bear Creek (Colusa County) - California Whitewater Kayaking.
Kayaking, Rafting & Canoeing Guide & Maps - Colusa County, California USA.
Flow on Bear Creek.
River Difficulty vs. Flow Rate.class flow (cfs)
IV 200 - 1200
Description - Bear Creek.Flows rise rapidly during rainstorms and then drop rapidly after the rains stop. Although Hwy16 is close to the creek for a considerable distance, this lightly traveled road does not detract from the boating experience or the scenery at creek-level. (Colusa County, California, USA)
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Rumsey, CA - driving time 1 hour, 2 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Topographic River Map.A=Put-in. F=Takeout.
Full-Screen Topographic Map: Bear Creek.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
* N 39.0399017 W 122.4078979, Bear Creek / Sulphur Creek confluence - Put-In (A).
* N 39.01166 W 122.36108, Hwy 20 bridge (B).
* N 38.99797 W 122.35405, Cowboy Camp - Alternate put-in (C).
* N 38.97172 W 122.34032, Bridge 1 (D).
* N 38.95791 W 122.34264, Bridge 2, CDEC gauge (E).
* N 38.92653 W 122.33294, Take-out Bear Ck / Cache Ck confluence (F).
Local weather in Rumsey, California.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Bear Creek Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!• I'm happy to post well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures are included. Please contact me to submit your trip report.
• Bear Creek in California video - peterkayak 07jan2008.
River Recreation Links - Bear Creek.• Bear Creek Recreation Directory. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• How to use guides to white water river rafting and kayaking - BRT Insights.
• Rivers & creeks nearby: Stony Creek/Grindstone Creek, Cache Creek, Putah Creek, Sacramento River Valley Region.
• Paddleboating Guides for California Whitewater Rivers.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Tags: kayaking, paddle boating, river map, paddlesport, California, river, whitewater.