Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Cache Creek NF Above Indian Valley Res
Whitewater River Guide & Maps - California.
Recent Flows on Cache Creek NF Above Indian Valley Res.
River Difficulty vs. Flow Rate.class . . . flow (cfs)
II+ - III . ????
Description - Cache Creek NF Above Indian Valley Res.Cache Creek NF, Ladybug Creek to Indian Valley Res, 10 miles, (Schwind book p198) Flow in this little creek briefly spikes a few times per year during/after the largest rainstorms and then quickly drops back down. Put-in at Ladybug Creek requires some dirt road driving and some hiking. Easier alternate put-ins may be possible along Bartlett Creek if the flow is sufficient. Take-out at or near the top of Indian Valley Reservoir. This brushy, little creek is not recommended for boating. (Lake County, California, USA)
Driving map & local businesses in northern California.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see the landmark names.
• Click on Google logo for full-screen map & local business search.
• Many rivers are not visible on this map; use the topographic map below as the river map.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Lucerne, CA - driving time 1 hours 46 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map.Full-Screen Topographic Map - Cache Creek NF Above Indian Valley Res.
Markers on the topo map show the locations of some of the landmarks listed below (A, B, C).
Point or DoubleClick on the markers to see the names of the landmarks that they represent.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
* N 39.18447 W 122.70947, turnoff onto dirt road.
* N 39.19653 W 122.71589, Newman Springs.
* N 39.19927 W 122.70866, put-in at Ladybug Ck/Soap Ck/Cache Ck confluence (A).
* N 39.16730 W 122.64077, Bartlett Creek confluence (B).
* N 39.1656 W 122.6189, gauge location.
* N 39.15842 W 122.59884, take-out at top of reservoir (approximate) (C).
Local weather in Lucerne, California.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Cache Creek Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!• I'm happy to post or link to well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures are included. Please contact me to submit your trip report.
River Recreation Links - Cache Creek.• Cache Creek Directory - Recreation & Conservation. Website resources for the Cache Creek watershed. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Using these guides to white water river paddleboating - BRT Kayaking.
• Nearby rivers & creeks: Stony Creek/Grindstone Creek, Cache Creek, Bear Creek (Colusa County), Sacramento River Valley Region.
• Whitewater River Guides for California - BRT Insights.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Tags: kayaking, paddle boating, river map, river, whitewater, California.