Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Eel River - Outlet Ck to Dos Rios Run
Whitewater River Guide & Maps - California.
Recent Flows on Eel River.* Eel River At Outlet Creek - chart of real-time estimated flow - Dreamflows.
River Difficulty vs. Flow Rate.class . . flow (cfs)
III . . . ????
Description - Eel River - Outlet Ck to Dos Rios Run.This is a wintertime rainy season run. A wide river in a wide canyon. Moderate scenery. Close access to the road makes this a good training run and enables various alternate put-ins and take-outs. When the Eel River flow is high the run can be extended by putting in on Outlet Creek at Hwy 101. The "remarkable scenic, recreational, geologic, fish and wildlife, historic, cultural or other similar values" of the Eel River are protected within the USA National Wild & Scenic Rivers Program. (Mendocino County, California, USA)
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Dos Rios, CA - driving time 3 hours 24 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their coordinates.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Full-Screen Topographic Map - Eel River - Outlet Creek to Dos Rios Run.
Markers on the topo map show locations of some landmarks listed below (A & B).
Point or DoubleClick on the markers to see their coordinates.
More River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
* N 39.55257 W 123.42513, Outlet Creek at Hwy 101 - alternate put-in.
* N 39.62711 W 123.34471, Outlet Ck - Eel River confluence, put-in (A).
* N 39.71473 W 123.35196, take-out (B).
* N 39.71541 W 123.35282, Dos Rios.
Local weather in Dos Rios, California.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Eel River Kayaking & Rafting Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks - Eel River Whitewater.• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 96-111)
• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974. (pg. 141)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!• I'm happy to post or link to well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures are included. Please contact me to submit your trip report.
• Eel River + Rain = FUN!!! - Liquid Fusion Kayaking 11may2010
• Eel River Kayaking - Chris The Photog 08may2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 13may2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 05may2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 03may2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 28feb2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 02feb2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 31jan2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 29jan2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 15jan2010.
River Outlet Creek to Dos Rios photos - liquidfusionkayaking 14jan2010.
River Recreation Links - Eel River.• Eel River Directory - Recreation & Conservation. Website resources for the Eel River watershed. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Using these guides to white water river paddleboating - BRT Kayaking.
• Nearby rivers & creeks: Mad River, (Eel River, Black Butte River, Outlet Creek, Ten Mile Creek, Van Duzen River), Bear River (Humboldt County), North Coast Rivers Region.
• Whitewater River Guides for California.
Tags: kayaking, paddle boating, river map, river, whitewater, California.