Thursday, March 27, 2008
Antelope Creek - Payne Place to Dairyville Run.
Whitewater River Kayaking & Rafting Guide & Maps - California.
Recent Creek Flow Estimates.Estimated as 60% of the flow on Deer Creek or 50% of the flow on Battle Creek (Tuthill, cacreeks.com).
• Deer Creek near Vina, CA, creek flow data - USGS.
• Battle Creek at Coleman, creek flow data - USGS.
Whitewater Rating vs. Flow Rate.class . . . . flow (cfs)
III+(IV) . . 300 - 1500 - flow on Antelope Ck
Creek Description - Antelope Creek - Payne Place to Dairyville Run.Antelope Creek is a springtime rainy season and/or snowmelt run in the Sacramento Valley. Antelope Creek drains off the western slope of the Sierra and joins the Sacramento River just south of Red Bluff. The scenery and isolation on this run are excellent. Just two drainages south of Battle Creek, the geology of the Antelope Creek canyon is remarkably different and quite beautiful. Hogsback Rd from Red Bluff to the middle put-in is very rough; high clearance vehicles are helpful, but 4wd vehicles are probably not necessary. (Tehama County, California, USA)
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Dairyville, CA - driving time 1 hour 58 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topgraphic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
There is no blue line on the Map view (road map) for Antelope Creek. Use the Topo view in Acme Mapper to see the location of the creek.
Full-Screen Topographic Map - Antelope Creek.
Markers on the topo map show locations of some landmarks listed below (A & B).
Point or DoubleClick on the markers to see their names.
More River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
* N 40.33595 W 121.91614, Hwy 36 x Paynes Creek Road x Plum Creek Road
* N 40.29642 W 121.81194, Plum Ck Rd x Hogsback Rd.
* N 40.27055 W 121.85288, Finley Lake.
* N 40.26983 W 121.87597, Hogsback Rd turnoff.
* N 40.23240 W 121.87930, Payne Place, campground, upper put-in (A).
* N 40.24134 W 121.96567, (Name ??) side road, middle put-in (B).
* N 40.20984 W 122.09457, Grafitti Rock, upper take-out (C).
* N 40.16686 W 122.13638, Cone Grove Park, lower take-out (D).
Local weather in Paynes Creek, California.
River Guidebooks & Whitewater Guides Online.• See online river guides in Antelope Creek Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!• I'm happy to post or link to well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures are included. Please contact me to submit your trip report.
Whitewater River Recreation Links - Antelope Creek.• Antelope Creek Directory - Recreation & Conservation - Tehama County California USA. Website resources for Antelope Creek. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• How to use guides to white water river rafting and kayaking - BRT Insights.
• Creeks & rivers nearby: Mill Creek, Butte Creek, Sacramento River Valley Region.
• Whitewater River Guides for California - BRT Insights.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Tags: kayaking, river map, river, whitewater, paddle boating, California.
Comments: Post a Comment