Tuesday, July 29, 2008
American River MF Tunnel Chute Run.
Whitewater River Kayaking Guide & Maps - California.
Recent River Flows on American River MF.
The flow on MF American River is measured just downstream from put-in.
Whitewater Rating vs. Flow Rate.class . . . flows (cfs)
IV . . . . . 800 - 2000 cfs
River Description.A long hard run with a long hard shuttle and a long hard portage. Reliable dam releases make this a favorite summer run. (Placer County / El Dorado County, California, USA)
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
• From Davis, CA to Foresthill, CA (Placer County) - driving time 1 hour 15 minutes.
Road Conditions - California (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• Topographic map user instructions.
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
Full-Screen Topographic Map - American River MF Tunnel Chute Run.
Markers on the topo map show locations of some landmarks listed below (A & B).
Point or DoubleClick on the markers to see their names.
More River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
• N 39.00264 W 120.74784, Below Ralston Afterbay put-in (A).
• N 39.0060 W 120.7600, gauge on MF below Oxbow Powerhouse.
• N 39.00678 W 120.76309, Tunnel Chute Rapid (possible portage)(B)
• N 38.99611 W 120.79824, Kanaka Falls Rapid (C).
• N 38.95407 W 120.90664, Chunder Rapid (a.k.a Upper Ruck-A-Chucky Rapid)(D).
• N 38.95527 W 120.91334, Ruck-A-Chucky Rapid (portage)
• N 38.96251 W 120.92935, Greenwood Bridge take-out (E).
Local weather in Foresthill, CA.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• American River NFMF Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed River Guidebooks - American River.• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (pg 159-160)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, Third Edition 1995. (pg.112-116)
• Western Whitewater From the Rockies to the Pacific, 1994. (pg. 359-361)
• The American River: North, Middle & South Forks, 1989.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!• Please contact me to submit your trip report. I'm happy to post or link to well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures are included.
• Tunnel Chute Run, MF American River - trailrunr 12nov2005.
• Rafting the Middle Fork of the American River with AO video - aorafting 26july2007.
• Tunnel Chute rapid video - AandETurner 10april2007.
Whitewater River Recreation Links.• American River NFMF Conservation & Recreation Directory. American River valley websites. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Use of these white guides to water river kayaking and rafting - BRT Insights.
• Nearby rivers & creeks: Bear River (Nevada/Placer County), American River NF/MF, American River SF, Sacramento River Valley Region.
• California Whitewater River Guides.
Tags: whitewater, kayaking, California, American River, river map, paddle boating, river.
Comments: Post a Comment