Saturday, September 27, 2008
Cache Creek NF Long Valley Run - California.
Whitewater River Kayaking, Rafting & Canoeing Guide & Maps.
Recent River Flows on Cache Creek NF Long Valley Run.The flow on Cache Creek NF is measured as the release from Indian Valley Reservoir.
Whitewater Rating vs. Flow Rate.class . . . flows (cfs)
II . . . . . ??? cfs
River Description.Ann Dwyer describes it as "brushy," "technical but not difficult and requires quick maneuvering skills." If the release from Indian Valley Reservoir is too low, then choose a put-in downstream after sidecreeks add additional flow. (Lake County, California, USA)
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
• From Davis, CA to Clearlake Oaks, CA (Lake County) - driving time 1 hours 33 minutes.
Road Conditions - California (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• Topographic map user instructions.
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
Full-Screen Topographic Map: Cache Creek NF Long Valley Run.
Markers on the topo map show locations of some landmarks listed below (A & B).
Point or DoubleClick on the markers to see their names.
More River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
• N 39.08037 W 122.53364, Below Indian Valley Reservoir, put-in (A).
• N 39.06978 W 122.58455, Wolf Creek confluence, put-in (B).
• N 39.04812 W 122.57953, Long Valley Creek confluence, put-in (C).
• N 38.98839 W 122.54061, Benmore Canyon confluence, put-in (D).
• N 38.98839 W 122.54061, below Hwy 20 bridge, take-out (E).
Local weather in Clearlake, CA.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Whitewater boating & flows in Cache Creek Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed River Guidebooks - Cache Creek.• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 200-201)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!• I'm happy to post or link to well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures are included. Please contact me to submit your Cache Creek trip report.
Whitewater River Recreation Links.• Cache Creek Conservation & Recreation Directory. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater-flows, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• How to use guides to white water river rafting and kayaking - BRT Insights.
• Nearby creeks & rivers: Stony Creek/Grindstone Creek, Bear Creek (Colusa County), Sacramento River Valley Region.
• California Whitewater River Guides for kayakers, rafters & canoeists.
Tags: Cache Creek, California, whitewater, river map, kayaking, paddle boating, river.
Comments: Post a Comment