Sunday, December 21, 2008
Pit River Overview, California Whitewater Paddleboating.
Whitewater River Kayaking, Rafting & Canoeing Guide - Modoc County, Lassen County & Shasta County, California USA.
Pit River put-in locations for Whitewater Paddleboating Runs.
Run name (whitewater class)(coordinates of put-ins & other landmarks).
A. Canby Run (class II, 10 miles).
put-in - N 41.40192 W 120.93132
take-out - N 41.36831 W 121.03123
B. Stone Coal Road to Bieber Run (class I ??, ~16 miles).
put-in - N 41.36831 W 121.03123
take-out - N 41.12134 W 121.14531
C. Bieber to Pittville Run (class IV-Vp, 24 miles).
put-in - N 41.12134 W 121.14531
take-out - N 41.04544 W 121.33147
D. Pittville to Fall River Mills Run (class I ??, ~4 miles).
put-in - N 41.04544 W 121.33147
take-out - N 41.00095 W 121.43590
E. Fall River Mills to Powerhouse 1 Run (class IV+p, 7 miles).
put-in - N 41.00095 W 121.43590
take-out - N 40.99078 W 121.49961
F. Powerhouse 1 to Hwy 299 Bridge Run (class II-III, 3 miles).
put-in - N 40.99078 W 121.49961
take-out - N 40.98061 W 121.54741
G. Lake Britton to Pit 3 Powerhouse Run (class III, 6 miles).
put-in - N 41.02152 W 121.67481
take-out - N 40.99436 W 121.74231
H. Pit 4 Dam to Pit 4 Powerhouse Run (class IV, 7 miles).
put-in - N 40.98823 W 121.76938
take-out - N 40.98534 W 121.84945
I. Pit 5 Dam to Big Bend Run (class V, 4 miles).
put-in - N 40.99363 W 121.86971
take-out - N 41.02085 W 121.91024
J. Big Bend to Pit 5 Powerhouse Run (class III+, 5 miles).
put-in - N 41.02085 W 121.91024
take-out - N 40.99282 W 121.97268
Map showing put-in locations for whitewater runs - Pit River.• River map user instructions.
• Full screen river map - see below.
Full-Screen Road & Topographic Maps: Pit River put-in locations.
Markers on the topo map show locations of put-ins listed above (A, B, etc.).
Point or DoubleClick on the markers to see their names.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Pit River Whitewater Paddleboating Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guide Books for Pit River Whitewater.• Sierra Whitewater - A Paddler's Guide ... 1974. (pg. 26-32)
• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (pg 101-102)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 156-161)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Pit River - Trip Reports & Adventure Stories NEEDED !!• Please contact me to send in your Pit River trip report. I'm happy to post or link to guest author paddleboating trip stories, pictures and/or videos.
• Pit River Fall River Mills Run - CA WW Paddling 14oct2007.
• Pit River Fall River Mills Run - JSC 21aug2006.
• Darin on the Pit River, video - rideon 2007.
• Sean on the Pit River, video - rideon 2007.
• What happens when you miss the boof, video - rideon 2007.
• Mike firing up the boof, video - rideon 2007.
• Kyle Allred on the Pit River, video - rideon 2007.
• Pit River Falls kayaking, video - oldcore14 21aug2006.
• Pit Falls- Pit River- Big drop in a raft, video - sailingbari 21july2007.
• Pit River CA, video - bradfordieo 16sept2007.
• Pit River Falls - 25 Foot Slide, video - joshmckeown12 18oct2007.
• Pit River, video - schrekenspoof 26july2008.
• Pit River Falls, video - scottsady 27july2007.
• Pit River Bachelor Party video - nine8one 04july2008.
Whitewater River Conservation & Recreation.• Pit River Watershed Directory - Environmental Restoration & Recreation. Pit River valley websites. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=hiking-camping, 6=local-resources)
• Rivers & creeks nearby: McCloud River, Bear Creek (Shasta County), Sacramento River Valley Region.
• Whitewater Guides for River Kayaking in California.
• How to use whitewater river paddleboating guides - BRT Kayaking.
Tags: Pit River, California, river map, whitewater, river, canoeing, rafting, kayaking, paddle boating.
Comments: Post a Comment