Monday, December 15, 2008
Van Duzen River Wild and Scenic - California Whitewater and Flatwater Paddleboating Overview.
Map and Guide for Kayaking, Canoeing, Rafting and Tubing - Trinity County & Humboldt County, California USA.The Van Duzen River is boatable in the rainy season, providing 17 miles of whitewater and 31 miles of flatwater.
Van Duzen River Runs - locations of put-ins and other landmarks.Run name (mileage, whitewater class).
1. West Fork to Second Bridge Run (class III, 7 miles)
2. Second Bridge to Dinsmore (class I, 13 miles)
3. Dinsmore to Little Golden Gate (unrunnable section ???)
4. Little Golden Gate to Grizzly Creek (class I-II, 5 miles)
5. Grizzly Creek to Second Bridge (class II+, 5 miles)
6. Second Bridge to Confluence (class I, 18 miles)
Real-time River Flow - Van Duzen River.• Van Duzen River nr Bridgeville - USGS Real-Time Water Flow Data.
River Map showing access locations for paddle boating runs - Van Duzen River.• River map user instructions. The map is interactive. Click and drag to reposition map.
• Point on the red markers to see their names. Use the tool on the left to zoom in and out.
• Map button = road map. Terrain = 3D shaded topo map. Topo = topographic map.
• Full-Screen Map: Van Duzen River access locations.
Geographic coordinates - Landmark name (marker on map above)
N 40.29766 W 123.46006 - West Fork Confluence (A)
N 40.37584 W 123.50349 - Second Bridge (B)
N 40.48893 W 123.62580 - Dinsmore (C)
N 40.46758 W 123.83145 - Little Golden Gate (D)
N 40.48090 W 123.89076 - near Bridgeville (E) river gauge.
N 40.48521 W 123.90136 - Grizzly Creek (F)
N 40.48378 W 123.96372 - Second Bridge (G)
N 40.53937 W 124.15512 - Confluence with Eel River (H)
Driving Directions, Map, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
• From Davis, CA to Dinsmore, CA - driving time 4 hours 55 minutes - 261 miles.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Local weather in Dinsmore, California (elevation 2400 feet).
Paddleboating Guidebooks and Maps - Van Duzen River.• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 112, Little Golden Gate to Yager Ck)
• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974. (pg. 128-132, West Fork to Carlotta)
• Online boating guides in Van Duzen River Paddleboating Directory. (Set display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Paddleboating River Trip Reports NEEDED !!Please contact me to send in your Van Duzen River trip reports. I'm eager to post or link to boating trip stories from guest authors, especially if boating pictures and/or videos are included.
• Upper Van Duzen (Class III) - North Coast Paddling 06june2010.
• Michael Guerriero's View of the Van Duzen River - trip report. 12 mile reach to the Eel River confluence, then the 3 miles to take-out at Fortuna on the Eel River.
Van Duzen River Recreation and Conservation.• Part of the Van Duzen River is protected in the Wild and Scenic River - USA National Program.
• Van Duzen River Watershed Directory - Environment, Conservation & Recreation. Van Duzen River valley websites. (1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Nearby streams: Mad River, (Eel River, Black Butte River, Outlet Creek, Ten Mile Creek).
• North Coast California River Guides for Paddleboating.
• California Whitewater and Flatwater River Paddleboating Guides.
IceRocket Tags: canoeing, rafting, river tubing, float tube, flatwater, river map, kayaking.
Tags: Van Duzen River, Humboldt County, Trinity County, California, whitewater, river, paddle boating, Wild and Scenic Rivers.