Friday, March 27, 2009
Wild and Scenic Rivers in California - Additions to the USA National Program.
River conservation protects water quality, wildlife habitat and recreational opportunities.
A. Amargosa River (Inyo and San Bernardino Counties, Bureau of Land Management)
B. Bautista Creek (Riverside County, San Bernardino National Forest)
C. Cottonwood Creek (Inyo County, Inyo National Forest)
D. Owens River, Upper (Mono County, Inyo National Forest)
E. Palm Canyon Creek (Riverside County, San Bernardino National Forest)
F. Piru Creek (Los Angeles County, Angeles and Los Padres National Forests) (Santa Clara River tributary)
G. San Jacinto River North Fork and Fuller Mill Creek (Riverside County, San Bernardino National Forest)
Map of Wild and Scenic River locations.• Instructions for online interactive topographic river maps & road maps.
• See below for full screen road maps & topographic maps.
Full-Screen River Map - Wild and Scenic Rivers.
Names & coordinates of landmarks displayed above (A, B, etc.) - DoubleClick or point on the red markers.
• Wild & Scenic Piru Creek! - Gary Valle's Photography on the Run 30march2009.
• Fuller Mill Creek video - desertmountains 14may2008. This video shows the beauty of the creek.
• Historic Wild and Scenic River Bill Heads to President's Desk - CommonDreams 25mar2009.
• Act protecting Riverside County public land on way to president - Press-Enterprise 25mar2009.
• California Rivers Protected in the National Wild & Scenic Rivers Program - 04oct2008.
• River Conservation in California - BRT Insights.
Tags: California, river, river conservation, Wild and Scenic Rivers.