Wednesday, June 23, 2010
San Joaquin River Watershed - California USA - Whitewater Paddle Boating Overview.
Rafting, Kayaking, Canoeing & River-tubing Guide - South-West Side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.The San Joaquin River watershed drains the south-west slopes of the Sierra Nevada Mountains into the California Delta and San Francisco Bay.
San Joaquin Region Rivers and Creeks listed north to south:• Calaveras River (A) N 38.09161 W 120.87210
• Stanislaus River (B) N 38.27026 W 120.27085
• Tuolumne River (C) N 37.87816 W 120.29467
• Merced River (D) N 37.60464 W 119.96942
• Chowchilla River (E) N 37.26026 W 119.94633
• Fresno River, Coarsegold Creek (F) N 37.34846 W 119.75153
• San Joaquin River (G) N 37.07179 W 119.56101
• Kings River, Big Creek, Helms Creek, Sycamore Creek (H) N 36.87924 W 119.14746
• Kaweah River, St. Johns River (I) N 36.43827 W 118.90623
• Tule River (J) N 36.13011 W 118.81577
• Kern River (K) N 35.75160 W 118.42163
San Joaquin River Regional Map for Paddleboaters.• Instructions for online interactive topographic river maps & road maps.
• Full-Screen River Map - landmarks for San Joaquin watershed rivers & creeks.
• To see the names of landmarks displayed below (A, B, etc.) point on the red markers.
San Joaquin River Region Guidebooks for Paddle Boating.• Paddling Northern California by Charlie Pike, 2001. (Tuolumne River.)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (Stanislaus
River, Tuolumne River, Merced River, San Joaquin River.)
• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (Stanislaus River, Tuolumne River, Merced River, San Joaquin River, Kings River, Kaweah River, Tule River, Kern River.)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, 3rd Edition 1995. (Stanislaus River, Tuolumne River, Merced River, San Joaquin River, Kings River, Kaweah River, Kern River.)
• Western Whitewater From the Rockies to the Pacific, 1994. (Tuolumne River, Merced River, Kings River, Kern River.)
• Paddler's Atlas of U.S. Rivers West, 1993. (Tuolumne River, Kern River.)
• Sierra Whitewater - A Paddler's Guide to the Rivers of California's Sierra Nevada, 1974. (Stanislaus River, Tuolumne River, Merced River, Kings River, Kaweah River, Kern River.)
• Down the Wild Rivers- A Guide to the Streams of California, 1972. (Stanislaus River, Tuolumne River.)
Online Guides for San Joaquin River Region Paddleboating:• California Rivers Rafting, River-tubing, Canoeing & Kayaking Directory. (Click on "All Tags" then click on a river. Display options - alphabetical 100. See online paddleboating guides & river flow sites in Section 1.)
San Joaquin River Region& paddleboating reports NEEDED!!• Please send your trip reports from boating trips on San Joaquin Region creeks & rivers. Stories, pictures & videos from boating trips will be linked here.
Environmental Protection & Outdoor Activities in San Joaquin River Watershed.• California River Directory - Watershed Conservation & Recreation. Websites for California river canyons. (Click on "All Tags" then click on the desired river. Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking, 2=rafting, 3=environment-conservation, 4=fishing, 5=hiking-camping, 6=local-websites)
More Information on California Rivers & Creeks:
• Whitewater River Boating Guides & Maps for Kayaking, River-tubing, Canoeing & Rafting in California. See the river guides for all the other regions in California and Nevada.
• Instructions for river guides - whitewater rafting and kayaking - BRT Insights.
• Securing our legal rights to whitewater paddleboating in California and Nevada.
• Some San Joaquin Region rivers & creeks have been protected in the USA National Wild & Scenic Rivers Program and/or the California State Wild and Scenic Rivers Program.
IceRocket Tags: kayaking, river tubing, float tube, river map.
Tags: Calaveras River, Stanislaus River, Tuolumne River, Merced River, San Joaquin River, Kings River, Kaweah River, Tule River, Kern River, California, river, rafting, canoeing, paddle boating, paddlesports, kayaking, wild and scenic.
Comments: Post a Comment