Wednesday, December 01, 2010
Santa Ynez River Runs - Whitewater and Flatwater Paddlesports in Santa Barbara County, California USA.
River Map and Guide for Canoeing, Kayaking, Rafting, Tubing and Paddleboating.The upper Santa Ynez River provides 16 miles of whitewater boating, while the lower Santa Ynez River provides 44 miles of flatwater class I-II paddleboating.
Real-time Flow Data - Santa Ynez River to the Pacific Ocean.Santa Ynez River flows are controlled primarily by the releases from reservoirs upstream minus the water withdrawn from the river at various diversion points.
--- Real-time Flow Upper Santa Ynez River. (See marker on map.) ---
• Upper Santa Ynez River Gibraltar Dam Release - USGS Real-Time Water Flow Data. (A)
--- Real-time Flow Lower Santa Ynez River. (See marker on map.) ---
• Lower Santa Ynez River at Solvang - USGS Real-Time Water Flow Data. (G) release from Bradbury Dam.
• Lower Santa Ynez River at Lompoc - AHPS Real-Time Water Flow Data. (I)
River Map - access locations for lower Santa Ynez River paddle boating.• Map user instructions. The map is interactive. Click and drag to reposition map.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom in and out. Point at the red markers to see their names.
• Map button = road map. Terrain = 3D shaded topo map. Topo = topographic map.
• Full-Screen River Map: Santa Ynez River access locations.
Geographic coordinates - Landmark name (marker on map above)
-- Upper Santa Ynez River --
Second crossing on Paradise Road to Boys Camp (first crossing), class I/II, xx miles.
Paradise Rd to Lake Cachuma, class II/III, 7.8 Miles.
N 34.52417 W 119.68703 - Gibraltar Dam & Reservoir (A) river gauge.
N 34.53824 W 119.74823 - Paradise Road Second Crossing (B)
N 34.54616 W 119.77724 - Paradise Road First Crossing (C)
N 34.55718 W 119.88144 - Inflow to Lake Cachuma (D)
-- Lower Santa Ynez River --
Hwy 154 Bridge to Buellton , class I, 9 miles.
Buellton to Lompoc, class I/II, 27 miles.
N 34.58658 W 119.98435 - Bradbury Dam, outflow from Lake Cachuma (E)
N 34.58877 W 120.03096 - Hwy 154 Bridge (F)
N 34.58489 W 120.14477 - Solvang (G) river gauge.
N 34.60598 W 120.19369 - Buellton (H)
N 34.64387 W 120.43170 - Lompoc Bridge (I) river gauge.
N 34.67172 W 120.49298 - Floradale Ave Bridge (J)
Driving Directions, Map, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
• From Davis, CA to Buellton, CA - driving time 5 hours 46 minutes - 368 miles.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Local weather in Buellton, California (elevation 358 feet).
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Santa Ynez Paddleboating Directory. (Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks & Maps - Santa Ynez River.• Not described in any printed guidebooks for paddleboating.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Santa Ynez River Paddleboating Trip Reports NEEDED !!Please contact me to send in your Santa Ynez River trip report. I'm eager to post or link to boating trip stories from guest authors, especially if boating pictures and/or videos are included.
• Santa Ynez River Running video - Collectivemotions 16nov2009.
• Santa Ynez River trip report - Somewhere Out There 19june1999.
Santa Ynez River Conservation & Recreation.• Santa Ynez River Watershed Directory - Restoration, Conservation & Recreation. Santa Ynez River valley websites. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Nearby streams: (Sisquoc River, Manzana Creek, Cuyama River, Santa Maria River), (Santa Clara River, Piru Creek, Sespe Creek).
• Central and South Coast California River Guides for Paddleboating.
• California Flatwater and Whitewater River Guides for Paddle Boating.
IceRocket Tags: socal, Southern California, canoeing, rafting, river tubing, float tube, flatwater, river map, kayaking.
Tags: Santa Ynez River, Santa Barbara County, California, whitewater, river map, river, paddle boating, paddlesports.