Sunday, February 01, 2009
Santa Clara River Overview - California Whitewater Kayaking.
Guide for Rafting, Tubing, Kayaking, & Canoeing - Los Angeles County and Ventura County California, USA.
Includes Sespe Creek, Piru Creek and Elizabeth Lake Canyon Creek tributaries.
Santa Clara River Whitewater Runs - put-ins and other landmark locations.
A. Santa Clara River Run, class II+, 7.5 miles.
put-in - N 34.39377 W 118.94923
take-out - N 34.22571 W 119.26088
B. Sespe Creek Wild & Scenic.
C. Piru Creek Wild & Scenic.
D. Elizabeth Lake Canyon Creek, class III-IV, 4.5 Miles.
put-in - N 34.60910 W 118.56130 - Warm Springs Camp
take-out - N 34.57086 W 118.56224 - Castaic Lake
Whitewater put-in locations - map of Santa Clara River.• Instructions for online interactive road maps & topographic river maps.
• See below for full screen road maps & topographic maps.
Full-Screen River Map - Santa Clara River landmarks.
DoubleClick or point on the red markers to see the names & coordinates of landmarks displayed above (A, B, etc.).
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Santa Clara River Paddle Boating Directory.
(Click on All Tags, click on a river. Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks for the Santa Clara River.• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Paddleboating Descriptions from Santa Clara River NEEDED !!• Send in trip reports from your whitewater kayaking trips on Santa Clara River. I will post or link to whitewater boating trip stories, pictures & videos from guest authors.
• Santa Clara River Kayak Run - Paul Jenkin 08feb2010.
Whitewater River Watersheds - Outdoor Activities & Environmental Protection.• Sespe Creek is conserved within the USA National Wild & Scenic Rivers Program.
• Santa Clara River Canyon Conservation & Recreation Directory. Websites for the Santa Clara River Watershed. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=rafting-oarboating, 3=conservation-environment, 4=fishing-driftboating, 5=camping-hiking, 6=other-websites)
• Nearby streams: (Sisquoc River, Manzana Creek, Cuyama River, Santa Maria River), Central & South Coast Rivers Region.
• Whitewater River Guides for Canoeing, Kayaking & Rafting in California.
• Piru Creek Wild and Scenic Rivers in California - USA National Program Additions 27mar2009.
• How to use whitewater river rafting and kayaking guides - BRT Insights.
Ice Rocket: Southern California, socal.
Tags: Santa Clara River, whitewater, river map, wild and scenic, kayaking, rafting, canoeing, paddlesport, paddle boating, California, river.