Monday, December 20, 2010
Russian River Flatwater Paddleboating Map and Guide - California USA.
Canoeing, Kayaking, Rafting and Innertubing Paddlesport - Sonoma County.The lower Russian River gets fast, high flows in the winter/spring rainy season. Most boating on this section of river is done in the summer when the river has a calm, gentle flow of flatwater.
Russian River Watershed Flatwater Boating Runs.• Russian River, Cloverdale to Pacific Ocean, class 1, 62 miles.
• Mark West Creek Lower Run, class I ??, ~12 miles.
• Austin Creek Run, class I+, 7.5 miles.
Real-time Flow - Lower Russian River flatwater.Use the flow gauge that is closest to the section of river that you plan to paddle. See red location markers on map below.
• Russian River gauge nr Cloverdale - USGS Real-Time Water Flow Data (A)
• Russian River gauge nr Healdsburg - USGS Real-Time Water Flow Data (E)
• Russian River gauge nr Guerneville - USGS Real-Time Water Flow Data (H)
• Austin Creek gauge nr Cazadero - USGS Real-Time Water Flow Data (N)
River Map - access locations for lower Russian River paddle boating.• Map user FAQ. The map is interactive. Click and drag to reposition map.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom in and out. Point on the red markers to see their names.
• Map button = road map. Terrain = 3D shaded topo map. Topo = topographic map.
• Full-Screen River Map: lower Russian River access and flow gauge locations .
Geographic coordinates - Landmark name (marker on map above)
--- Russian River ---
1. Cloverdale to Asti Run, class I, 6 miles.
N 38.88215 W 123.05518 - Russian River gauge nr Cloverdale (A)
N 38.80898 W 123.00789 - Cloverdale put-in (B)
N 38.76335 W 122.96868 - Asti take-out (C)
2. Asti to Alexander Valley Rd Run, class I, 10.5 miles.
N 38.76335 W 122.96868 - Asti put-in (C)
N 38.65871 W 122.82964 - Alexander Valley Rd take-out (D)
3. Alexander Valley Rd to Healdsburg Run, class I, 14.6 miles.
N 38.65871 W 122.82964 - Alexander Valley Rd put-in (D)
N 38.61327 W 122.83633 - Russian River gauge nr Healdsburg (E)
N 38.60118 W 122.85929 - Healdsburg take-out (F)
4. Healdsburg to Mirabel Pk Run, class I, 10.1 miles.
N 38.60118 W 122.85929 - Healdsburg put-in (F)
N 38.49407 W 122.89526 - Mirabel Pk take-out (G)
5. Mirabel Pk to Guerneville Run, class I, 8.6 miles.
N 38.49407 W 122.89526 - Mirabel Pk put-in (G)
N 38.50847 W 122.92770 - Russian River gauge nr Guerneville (H)
N 38.51110 W 122.98388 - Guerneville take-out (I)
6. Guerneville to Austin Ck Run, class 1, 6.7 miles.
N 38.51110 W 122.98388 - Guerneville put-in (I)
N 38.46078 W 123.05271 - Austin Ck take-out (J)
7. Austin Ck to Willow Ck Run, class 1, ~5 miles.
N 38.46078 W 123.05271 - Austin Ck put-in (J)
N 38.44004 W 123.09601- Willow Ck take-out (K)
--- Russian River Tributaries runnable in the rainy season ---
8. Mark West Creek Lower Run, class ??, ~12 miles.
N 38.50551 W 122.72964 - put-in (L) ??
N 38.49407 W 122.89526 - Mirabel Pk take-out (G) ??
9. Austin Creek Run, class I+, 7.5 miles.
N 38.54333 W 123.08807 - put-in (M)
N 38.50667 W 123.06863 - Austin Creek gauge nr Cazadero (N)
N 38.47133 W 123.04619 - take-out (O)
Driving Directions, Map, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
• From Davis, CA to Guerneville, CA - driving time 2 hrs - 108 miles.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
• California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
• Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Local weather in Guerneville, California (elevation 55 feet).
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddleboating.• Directory for Paddle Boating on the Russian River. (See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks & Maps - Russian River flatwater.• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 68-81, Cloverdale to ocean, Austin Creek)
• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974. (pg. 173-182, Cloverdale to Austin Ck confluence)
• Down the Wild Rivers- A Guide to the Streams of California, 1972. (pg. 200-205, Cloverdale to ocean)
Russian River Boating Stories REQUESTED !!Contact me to send in your Russian River trip report. I appreciate paddleboating trip stories, pictures & videos from guest authors. I am interested to post or link to your trip reports.
• Just around the Riverbend…Again! - dollybeast 19june2011
• Russian River Canoeing - Tyrrell's Site Oct. 2010.
• Russian River Kayaking photos - gaylainberkeley 25july2010
• Ridiculously Rad Russian River Rafting - dollybeast june2010
• Wine by Canoe? - Left Coast Wanders 25feb2010.
• Google Image Search - Russian River California (kayaking OR canoeing OR rafting OR tubing).
• See older trip reports: Russian River Boating Overview.
Russian River Canoeing & Kayaking Videos.• Rock Diving - Russian River Canoe trip - mashimomo 31may2011
• Russian River Canoe & Kayak video - kaisergecko 06aug2010.
• Kayaking along the Russian River - elementsaustincreek 08june2010
• Google Videos - Russian River" (kayaking OR canoeing OR rafting).
• YouTube - Russian River" (kayaking OR canoeing OR rafting).
• See older videos: Russian River Boating Overview.
Flatwater River Recreation & Environment.• Russian River Watershed Recreation and Conservation Directory. Websites for the Russian River valley. Set display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking-canoeing, 2=rafting-tubing, 3=environment-conservation, 4=fishing, 5=hiking-camping, 6=other-resources)
• Rivers nearby: Gualala River, Eel River, Petaluma River.
• North Coast California River Guides for Paddleboating.
• Canoeing, Kayaking & Rafting Paddlesport Guides for California Whitewater Rivers.
• Use of this guide for river kayaking and rafting - BRT Insights.
IceRocket Tags: kayaking, river map, river tubing, float tube.
Tags: flatwater, Russian River, Mark West Creek, Austin Creek, California, Sonoma County, rafting, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boating, river.