Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Trinity River Pigeon Point Run
River Guide & Maps - California White Water.
River Flow Data.
River Difficulty.This whitewater run is class III at the summertime flows when I have kayaked there.
Description - Trinity River Pigeon Point Run.This run is fed by the release from Lewiston Dam. The USA National Wild & Scenic Rivers Program ensures that this section of the Trinity River "shall be preserved in free-flowing condition." (Trinity County, California, USA).
Distance: Pigeon Point to Big Flat = 5.5 mi.
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Helena, CA - driving time 3 hours, 30 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Topographic River Map.Full-Screen Topo Map: Trinity River Pigeon Point Run.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
(A)(B)(C) locations are marked on the Acme Mapper topo map above, or copy/paste these coordinates into the search box at Google Maps or the Find box at Acme Mapper.
- N 40.73111 W 122.94083, Weaverville, CA
- N 40.77361 W 123.12722, Helena, CA
- N 40.76696 W 123.13198, Pigeon Point Campground put-in (A)
- N 40.74710 W 123.17121, The Slot class III, (B)
- N 40.74427 W 123.17721, Hell Hole class III (C)
- N 40.73879 W 123.18654, Sailor's Bar class III (D)
- N 40.73721 W 123.20525, Triple Drop / FishTail class III (E)
- N 40.73862 W 123.20791, Big Flat Campground take-out (F)
- N 40.93971 W 123.63035, Willow Creek, CA.
- N 40.7890 W 123.4390, gauge at Cedar Flat - near Burnt Ranch.
Local weather in Weaverville, California.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Trinity River Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Whitewater River Guidebooks & Webguides.• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (pg. 32-33)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, Third Edition 1995. (pg. 201-204)
• Paddling Northern California by Charlie Pike. (pg 97-98)
• Western Whitewater From the Rockies to the Pacific, 1994. River guidebook, pg 369.
• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974. (pg. 106)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Whitewater Trip Reports.• Whitewater Kayaking on the Trinity River video - LiquidFusionKayak 28oct2010
• Slot Run on the Trinity River photos - liquidfusionkayaking oct2010.
• Trinity River Pigeon Point Run with my son - California Whitewater Paddling 19sept2009.
• Pigeon Point Trinity River video - havoc125125 27jan2009
• Pigeon Point Run, Trinity River, kayaking class III, July 29, 2007.
• California Whitewater Paddling: Trinity (Pigeon Point, III) - CA49rivers.
• California Whitewater Paddling - Trinity River Pigeon Point Run 04jan2006.
• Pigeon Point Run, Trinity River - Trinity Alps Photo dec2008.
• Trinity River Kayaking video - Hell Hole 06july2007.
• Trinity River Pigeon Point Run - trailrunr 23sept2004.
• Pigeon Point, Trinity River - daysontheriver 22may2007
River Recreation Links - Trinity River.
• Trinity River Recreation Directory. Recreation links for Trinity River valley area. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Using these guides to white water river paddleboating - BRT Kayaking.
• Trinity River, Coffee Creek, Indian Creek, Canyon Creek, New River, Hayfork Creek.
• Rivers & creeks nearby: (Klamath River, Indian Creek, Elk Creek, Clear Creek), Cal Salmon River, Klamath River Valley Region.
• California Whitewater River Paddleboating Guides.
Tags: Trinity River, kayaking, California, river map, paddle boating, river, whitewater.
Comments: Post a Comment