Friday, October 26, 2007
American River MF Greenwood Bridge Run
Whitewater River Guide & Maps - California.
Recent Flows on American River MF.
River Difficulty vs. Flow Rate.class . . . flow (cfs)
II- . . . . 800 - 3000
Description - American River MF Greenwood Bridge Run.The long dirt road to put-in demands a little extra dedication from anybody who wants to boat this run. In summertime the river is turned off at night. It takes approximately 5 hours for the morning release from Oxbow Powerhouse to reach the Greenwood Bridge put-in. (Placer County / El Dorado County, California, USA).
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Auburn, CA - driving time 47 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Topographic River Map.Full-Screen Topographic Map - Greenwood Bridge Run MF American River.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
* N 39.0060 W 120.7600, gauge on MF at Oxbow Powerhouse.
* N 38.96251 W 120.92935, Greenwood Bridge put-in (A).
* N 38.91815 W 121.00166, Mammoth Bar take-out (B).
* _______, Murderer's Bar is just downstream from Mammoth Bar (V-VI portage).
* N 38.91551 W 121.03736, North Fork/Middle Fork Confluence take-out (C).
Local weather in Auburn, California.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Mi. American - Rel Oxbow - CA Sierra West Slope - Dreamflows.
• American River NFMF Recreation & Conservation Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks - American River Whitewater.• Paddling Northern California, Charlie Pike 2001. (pg. 223-225)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, Third Edition 1995. (pg.112-116)
• Western Whitewater From the Rockies to the Pacific, 1994. (pg. 359)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 190-191)
• The American River: North, Middle & South Forks, 1989.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Whitewater River Trip Reports NEEDED !!• I'm happy to post well-written, whitewater boating trip reports from guest authors, especially if boating pictures are included. Please contact me to submit your trip report.
River Recreation Links - American River.• American River NFMF Recreation & Conservation Directory. Website resources for the American River NFMF watershed. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Use of these white guides to water river kayaking and rafting - BRT Insights.
• Nearby rivers & creeks: American River NF/MF, American River SF, American River Parkway, Sacramento River Valley Region.
• Whitewater River Guides for California.
Tags: kayaking, paddle boating, American River, river, California, river map, whitewater.
Comments: Post a Comment