Sunday, June 17, 2007
American River SF - Coloma to Greenwood Run
Whitewater River Map & Guide - California
Recent River Flow Data.
It takes about 3 hours for changes in flow rates at Chili Bar to change the flow downstream at Coloma.
River Difficulty vs. Flow Rate.
|class *||flow (cfs)|
|II||400-1500||800-1500cfs flows are common in summer|
|IV||>8000||Wintertime flood flows.|
Distance: Put-in to Greenwood Creek 5.7 miles.
Description - American River SF - Coloma to Greenwood Run.Dependable summertime flows make this whitewater section of river very popular among beginning kayakers and commercial kayak training schools. (El Dorado County, California, USA).
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Coloma, CA - driving time 59 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
• Topographic map user instructions.
Topographic River Map.Full-Screen Topo Map: SF American River C to G Run. A=Put-in. K=Takeout.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.
(A)(B)(C) locations are marked on the Acme Mapper topo map above.
* N 38.80801 W 120.89574, Put-in, Marshall Gold Discovery St Pk (A).
* N 38.81410 W 120.90411, Gremlin wave-hole (B).
* N 38.81259 W 120.90639, Old Scary Rapid (class II) (C).
* N 38.80881 W 120.90149, Hwy 49 Bridge (D).
* N 38.80440 W 120.90703, Henningson-Lotus County Park (E).
* N 38.80667 W 120.91862, Camp Lotus (F).
* N 38.80923 W 120.92121, Barking Dog Rapid (class II+) (G).
* N 38.81798 W 120.93763, Current Divider Rapid (class II+) (H).
* N 38.82440 W 120.93879, Highway Rapid (class II+) (I).
* N 38.82500 W 120.94213, Swimmers Rapid (class II) (J).
* N 38.82436 W 120.94576, Take-out, Greenwood Creek (K).
(Major rapids on the run are rated above at summertime flows.)
Local weather in Coloma, California.
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• American River SF Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Guidebooks - American River white water.• Paddling Northern California, Charlie Pike 2001. (pg. 226-230)
• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (pg. 180)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, Third Edition 1995. (pg. 104-111)
• Western Whitewater From the Rockies to the Pacific, 1994. (pg. 355)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 192-193)
• The American River: North, Middle & South Forks, 1989.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Whitewater Trip Reports.• River tubing with the Boswells at Coloma CA video - 805boz 14july2009.
• C to G Run, SF American River, whitewater kayaking California class II+, 18oct2008.
• C to G Run, SF American River, whitewater kayaking California class II+, 13sept2008.
• C to G Run, SF American River, whitewater kayaking California class II+, 10aug2008.
• C to G Run, SF American River, whitewater kayaking California class II+, 26july2008.
• C to G Run, SF American River, California whitewater kayaking class II+, 19july2008.
• C to G Run, SF American River, California kayaking class II+, 12july2008.
American River innertubing 30aug2006 - Dervala 30aug2006.
River Recreation Links - SF American River.• SF American River Recreation Directory. (SDisplay options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Use of these white guides to water river kayaking and rafting - BRT Insights.
• Marshall Gold State Historic Park reopens for whitewater kayak & raft put-ins - 07april2010.
• Rivers & creeks nearby: American River NF/MF, American River SF, American River Parkway, Cosumnes River, Sacramento River Valley Region.
• California Whitewater River Guides.
Tags: kayaking, American River, California, river map, paddle boating, river, whitewater.