Sunday, June 03, 2007
Cache Creek Rumsey Run - Whitewater River Guide & Map
River Difficulty vs. Flow Rate.
|class *||flow (cfs)|
|III-||500-2000||500-900cfs flows are common in summer.|
|IV||5000-15000||Winter-time flood flows.|
Distances: Put-in to Camp Haswell 5.6 miles, to Rumsey Bridge 8.4 miles.
Flow Data - Method 1.
The flow at Rumsey (above) should tell exactly the flow on the Rumsey Run, but this gauge has been unreliable in recent years.
Flow Data - Method 2.
A second method of getting the flow on the Rumsey Run is to add the release from Indian Valley Reservoir (above) with the discharge from Clear Lake into Cache Creek.
Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service - Cache Creek flow at Rumsey Bridge.
Topographic River Map, Road Map & Local Business Search.• The map below is interactive - click and drag on the map to adjust the location.
• Point or DoubleClick on the red markers below to see their names.
• Use the tool on the left to zoom and pan.
• Click on the Map button for a road map, Topo button for topographic map.
• Click on Google logo for road map & local business search (gas, food, camping).
• Full screen topo map and coordinates of additional landmarks - see below.
Driving Directions, Distance, Estimated Time & Road Conditions.Mapquest provides directions, distance & time from your house to the river.
* From Davis, CA to Rumsey, CA - driving time 1 hour, 2 minutes.
California Road Conditions (Delays or closures due to weather, construction, etc.)
* California Travel Information - highwayconditions.com.
* Road Conditions - California Dept Transportation.
Topographic River Map.A=Put-in. B=Takeout.
Full-Screen Topographic Map: Cache Creek Rumsey Run.
River Landmarks - Geographic Coordinates.Copy/paste the coordinates below into the search box at Google
Maps or into the Find box at Acme Mapper.
• N 38.92790 W 122.37019, Alternate put-in, Buck Island (A).
Requires 4WD vehicles for shuttle.
• N 38.92653 W 122.33294, Put-in, Cache Ck / Bear Ck confluence (B).
• N 38.92303 W 122.32749, County Park - Upper Site.
• N 38.91371 W 122.31980, Camp Rapid (class II+).
• N 38.91588 W 122.31813, County Park - Middle Site - Campground.
• N 38.90863 W 122.31079, County Park - Lower Site.
• N 38.90990 W 122.30856, Low Water Bridge.
• N 38.91057 W 122.30714, Widowmaker Rapid (class II+).
• N 38.91010 W 122.27886, Hwy 16 Bridge.
• N 38.91090 W 122.27757, Mother Rapid (class III).
• N 38.90873 W 122.26496, Take-out, Camp Haswell (C).
• N 38.90732 W 122.26501, Rock Garden Rapid (class III-).
• N 38.89018 W 122.23837, Alternate Take-out, Rumsey Bridge (D).
(Major rapids on the run are rated above at summertime flows.)
Online River Guides & River Flow Data for Paddle Boating.• Cache Creek Directory.
(Display options - alphabetical 100. See section 1.)
Printed Maps & Guidebooks - Cache Creek white water.• Paddling Northern California by Charlie Pike. (pg.134-143)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers. (pg. 151-157)
• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (pg. 78-79)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (pg. 198-204)
• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974. (pg. 197-201)
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
Float Tubing - Innertubing.• Float Tube (Innertube) Skills, Techniques and Safety for your River Trips.
• Equipment for Float Tubing - BRT Insights.
Whitewater Trip Reports.• Rumsey Run, Cache Creek, kayaking class II+, 05july2008.
• Rumsey Run, Cache Creek, kayaking class II+ 06jan2008.
• Rumsey Run, Cache Creek, kayaking class II+, Aug 5, 2007.
• Rumsey Run, Cache Creek, kayaking class II+, 22july2007.
• Rumsey Run, Cache Creek, kayaking class II+, July 7, 2007.
• Rumsey Run, Cache Creek, kayaking 02june2007 (II+)
• Buck Island Run, Cache Creek, July 30, 2006 (II).
• Rumsey Run, Cache Creek, July 23, 2006 (II).
• Rumsey Run, Cache Creek, April 29, 2006 (II).
River Recreation Links - Cache Creek.• Cache Creek Wild & Scenic - Recreation & Conservation Websites. (Display options - alphabetical 100. Section 1=whitewater, 2=rafting, 3=conservation, 4=fishing, 5=camping-hiking, 6=local-info)
• Use of these white guides to water river kayaking and rafting - BRT Insights.
• Rivers & creeks nearby: Stony Creek/Grindstone Creek, Cache Creek, Bear Creek (Colusa County), Putah Creek, Sacramento River Valley Region.
• California Whitewater River Guides - BRT Insights.
Tags: Cache Creek, California, river map, kayaking, paddle boating, wild and scenic, river, whitewater.