Sunday, October 04, 2009
Sacramento River Tributaries - California Paddle Boating Overview.
Rafting, Kayaking, IKing, Canoeing & River-tubing Guide - northern California, USA.Jump to: West Side Tributaries, North Side Tributaries, East Side Tributaries.
West Side Tributaries, Listed north to south:A. Clear Creek (Shasta County), Campground to Trinity Mtn Rd (class IVp, 16 miles).
N 40.92817 W 122.58579 - Clear Creek Campground put-in.
N 40.78912 W 122.60983 - Trinity Mountain Road take-out.
Clear Creek, Whiskeytown to Sacramento Valley (class IV, 8 miles).
N 40.50936 W 122.38049 - Whiskeytown Dam put-in.
N 40.51125 W 122.52331 - Placer Road bridge take-out (A).
B. Cottonwood Creek (B).
C. Elder Creek, Lowrey Road to Paskenta Road (class III, 17 miles).
N 40.01565 W 122.53910 - Lowery Rd put-in.
N 40.03261 W 122.29217 - Paskenta Rd Bridge take-out (C).
D. Thomes Creek, Above Paskenta (class IVp, 22 miles).
N 39.87418 W 122.82483 - nr Willow Ck confluence put-in.
N 39.88313 W 122.54734 - Paskenta take-out (D).
E. Stony Creek/Grindstone Creek (E).
F. Cache Creek Wild & Scenic/Bear Creek (Colusa County) (F).
G. Putah Creek (G).
North Side Tributaries, Listed north to south:H. Sacramento River (H).
I. McCloud River Wild & Scenic. (I).
J. Pit River (J).
East Side Tributaries, Listed north to south:K. Bear Creek (Shasta County), Upper Run (class IVp, 10 miles).
N 40.53363 W 121.96305 - nr Inwood put-in.
N 40.53011 W 122.10857 - Hwy 44 bridge take-out.
Bear Creek (Shasta County), Lower Run (class III, 5.1 miles).
N 40.53011 W 122.10857 - Hwy 44 bridge put-in.
N 40.48606 W 122.15261 - Dersch Rd Bridge take-out (K).
L. Battle Creek (L).
M. Antelope Creek (M).
N. Mill Creek Wild & Scenic (N).
O. Deer Creek Wild & Scenic (O).
P. Butte Creek (P).
Q. Feather River Wild & Scenic/Indian Creek/Spanish Creek (Q).
R. Yuba River Wild & Scenic/Lavezzola Creek/Pauley Creek (R).
S. Bear River (Nevada/Placer County) (S).
T. American River Wild & Scenic (T).
U. Cosumnes River (U).
V. Mokelumne River (V).
Sacramento River Tributaries map for paddleboaters.• Instructions for online interactive topographic river maps & road maps.
• Full-Screen River Map - landmarks on the Sacramento River valley.
• To see the names of landmarks displayed below (A, B, etc.) - DoubleClick or point on the red markers.
Sacramento River Valley Printed Guides for Paddle Boating.• Paddling Northern California by Charlie Pike, 2001. (American River, Bear River, Cache Creek, Cosumnes River, Feather River, Mokelumne River, Sacramento River, Yuba River.)
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000. (American River, Bear River, Butte Creek, Cache Creek, Feather River, Pit River, Sacramento River, Stony Creek, Yuba River.)
• Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998. (American River, Bear River, Butte Creek, Cache Creek, Clear Creek, Cosumnes River, Deer Creek, Feather River, Grindstone Creek, Indian Creek, Lavezzola Creek, McCloud River, Mill Creek, Mokelumne River, Pauley Creek, Pit River, Putah Creek, Sacramento River, Stony Creek, Yuba River.)
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, 3rd Edition 1995. (American River, Cache Creek, Cosumnes River, Deer Creek, Feather River, Mokelumne River, Sacramento River, Stony Creek, Yuba River.)
• Western Whitewater From the Rockies to the Pacific, 1994. (American River, Feather River.)
• Paddler's Atlas of U.S. Rivers West, 1993. (American River, Feather River.)
• The American River: North, Middle & South Forks, 1989. (American River.)
• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974. (Cache Creek, Cottonwood Creek, Elder Creek, Grindstone Creek, Putah Creek, Stony Creek, Sacramento River.)
• Sierra Whitewater - A Paddler's Guide to the Rivers of California's Sierra Nevada, 1974. (American River, Bear River, Cosumnes River, Deer Creek, Feather River, Mill Creek, Mokelumne River, Pit River, Yuba River.)
• Down the Wild Rivers- A Guide to the Streams of California, 1972. (American River, Cosumnes River, Feather River, Mokelumne River, Yuba River.)
Sacramento River Valley Online Guides for Paddle Boating.• Online guides for paddleboating: California Rivers Rafting, Canoeing, River-tubing & Kayaking Directory.
Sacramento River Valley paddleboating reports NEEDED !!• Please send your trip reports from whitewater paddleboating trips on Sacramento River valley creeks & rivers. Stories, pictures & videos from boating trips will be linked here.
• Clear Creek Kayaking - Kim and Geoff jan2009.
Outdoor Activities & Environmental Protection in California River Canyons.• California River Watershed Directory - Conservation & Recreation. Websites for California river valleys. (Click on the desired river, display options alphabetical 100. Section 1=kayaking, 2=rafting, 3=environment-conservation, 4=fishing, 5=hiking-camping, 6=local-websites)
More About California Rivers, Creeks & Streams:
• How to use whitewater river paddleboating guides - BRT Kayaking.
• California Whitewater River Guides for Kayaking, IKing, River-tubing, Canoeing & Rafting.
• Some California rivers & creeks have been protected in the USA National Wild & Scenic Rivers Program and/or the California State Wild and Scenic Rivers Program.
IceRocket Tags: river map, kayaking, river tubing, float tube.
Tags: Sacramento River, California, kayaking, paddlesports, river, rafting, canoeing, paddle boating, wild and scenic.
Comments: Post a Comment