Monday, February 06, 2006
Reviews - Books, Videos, Websites & Software (subtopic)Whitewater river kayaking is a paddlesport that we must learn by getting out on the river and doing it! Fun, safety and performance on the river can be improved by learning many kayak paddleboating skills, styles and strategies in advance.
Jump down to: Books, Videos, Websites & Software.
Book Reviews• Hooked on Hiking: Northern California: 50 Hiking Adventures.
• American River Canyon Hikes - trail guides for Auburn State Recreation Area.
• Wildflowers of Table Mountain, Butte County, California.
• Hiking to Waterfalls in California - Books.
• Whitewater Rescue Manual - New Techniques for Canoeists, Kayakers and Rafters - 1995.
• Ultimate Guide to Whitewater Kayaking, 2004.
• California River Maps - Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme, 2008.
• Essentials of River Kayaking, 2004.
• California Surfing Guidebooks & Travel Guides for the California Coast.
• Ocean Surf Kayaking Skills - paddlesports books & videos.
• The American River: North, Middle & South Forks, 1989.
• Sierra Whitewater - A Paddler's Guide to the Rivers of California's Sierra Nevada, 1974.
• Down the Wild Rivers- A Guide to the Streams of California, 1972.
• Paddler's Atlas of U.S. Rivers West, 1993.
• Klamath River Access Guide - From Road to River's Edge, 2004.
• West Coast River Touring - Rogue River Canyon and South, 1974.
• Canoer's Guide to the Wild and Scenic Middle Klamath River 4th edition, 2006.
• Ann Dwyer's Easy Waters of California North, 2000.
• Kayak: The New Frontier, second edition 2007.
• Canoeing and Kayaking Instruction Manual, 1987.
• California Rivers and Streams: The Conflict Between Fluvial Process and Land Use, 1995.
• America's Wild and Scenic Rivers - National Geographic Society, 1983.
• Performance Kayaking, 1990.
• Western Whitewater From the Rockies to the Pacific, 1994.
• The Bombproof Roll and Beyond, 1993.
• The Best Whitewater in California, Third Edition 1998.
• Paddling Northern California by Charlie Pike, 2001.
• DeLorme Northern California Atlas & Gazetteer 6th edition, 2003.
• DeLorme Northern California Atlas - Road Maps for Kayakers.
• Stretching for Paddling Boat Trips.
• California Whitewater - A Guide to the Rivers, 1995.
• Kayak - Animated Manual of ... Whitewater Technique, 1986.
Video Reviews• Videos vs. Photos for Documenting Outdoor Adventure Trips.
• Muir Woods National Monument - Walk in the Redwood Forest Cathedral 29may2011.
• Ode to the Club Boater - whitewater river kayaking carnage video by tgerencer1.
• Play Daze, kayak playboating instructional video, VHS 1999 - review.
• SOAR - Skills On All Rivers: Intermediate and Advanced Kayaking Technique, VHS 2000.
• Essential Boat Control, whitewater kayaking instructional video, VHS 1996.
• Full Circle, kayaking action video, 2001 - review.
• Grand Canyon Adventure - 3D movie playing at IMAX theatre in Sacramento California.
• Mystery of the Nile River - IMAX movie review.
Website Reviews• Use Google Street View to help plan your road trips and outdoor activities. • Webcams for Parks and Hiking Trails in California. • Waterfall Trails in Northern California USA.
• Waterfall Hiking in California - websites.
• Wiki Websites for Kayakers, Canoers & Rafters.
• Road Maps Online.
• Topographic Maps Online.
Software Reviews• GIMP is a Powerful, Free Software for Digital Photo Editing. • Pixtra PanoStitcher software for panoramic photography of river canyon landscapes.
• IrfanView software for enhancement of digital photographs.
• Topo! mapping software for exploration of whitewater rivers and creeks.
Back to: BRT Kayaking Homepage. | Sitemap.